View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:09 PM

Claiming on insurance, can anyone advise me?

Hi everyone Im a bit confused by my dog insurance. I can name every bone in the human body and tell you how a dead person may have died by looking at their skeleton but I just cannot make head of tail of what I am reading here for some reason god help me ...if anyone could advise me on here before I ring them I would be very grateful..
Basically I am with more than and it says the excess is £70. I paid £105 at the vet today..does that mean I can claim £35 if i was to claim. If so will claiming such a small amount be worth it? Would it affect anything?? Am I reading it right? Sorry for sounding so dumb
Thanks
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:14 PM
depends on your policy but looks like thats right. you claim for £105 and they send you £35 with a letter saying they deducted the excess. your vet might also charge you a small amount for admin as they'll need to fill out part of the form. Is the condition you are claiming likely to be ongoing? I would claim, thats what you got insurance for.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Its a water infection, first 4 week course on an antibiotic but was advised may need stronger antibiotics if not gone in 4 weeks so *possibly* ongoing at this stage.
Thanks
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I thankfully have never had to, but I would make them aware anyway, as when you re-new, they may get iffy if something arises in the future that you want to claim for.
JackieandMia
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:52 PM
With More than you will also have to pay 10% of the bill (if your dog is under 9 more if over)after deducting the excess so will get back £31.50 so still worth it.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by JackieandMia View Post
With More than you will also have to pay 10% of the bill (if your dog is under 9 more if over)after deducting the excess so will get back £31.50 so still worth it.
Thanks just saw that bit. Ill call em tomorrow