09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah Sky news!!!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by *Lorraine* View Post
Says they have him surrounded
Oooh maybe I should switch over! (I am embarrassed to say part of the attraction is to try & spot the firearms squad's Malinois.... )
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
and now they are going on about the card read out from a member of the public & the fact that the police officer laughed when Moat was called a "nutter" & how the card shouldn't have been read out & how she shouldn't have laughed........ and how they've now issued an apology becauseit was read out etc...! For goodness sake! For want of a better word putting stupid political correctness aside - the guy is a nutter - he killed someone! The police are only human & who can say they haven't called someone a nutter or like in the past. I imagine it was the inappropriateness of the word used that made the police woman snigger anyway, but of course the media have to make such a big deal out of it - wasting time on what could be spent doing more urgent things like catching him before anyone else gets hurt.
I think it was more because of the inflammatory nature of the report.
It was just the sort of thing that would push a nutter over the top and send him on a shooting spree.
Such a stupid thing to broadcast
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by BigBearsRule View Post
I live in Blyth, Northunmberland, where one of the assailants is from! I know the terrain around where Mr Moat is hiding, it is going to be hard work for them to find him. He can access the Cheviot Hills as well as the Northumberland National Park.
I do believe that he is getting a large amount of help from somebody, otherwise he would have been apprehended long before now.
Ipersonally know a member of the Northumbria Firearms team, and feel very sorry for the worry and suffering that her young daughters are going through, wondering if mam will come home tonight
It is really worrying for any police involved and their families. I had to check with two of my ex's as one is a firearms officer and one is a police dog handler, so I wondered whether they may have been deployed to Northumbria

I am going for a hack at the foot of the Cheviots on Tuesday - hope he is caught by then!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Just turned over to Sky as they seem to have far more info than the BBC!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by welshgit View Post
Sorry if this upsets folk but I personally think it's a load of bollox and we will never know the full story.

If we wanted to in the 1st place that is.
What is that supposed to mean?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What is that supposed to mean?
Apparently people have been going on his FB account and leaving messages of support as well, some people are just sick
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Poor Paula & her mum who is trapped in the house.

I hope this ends soon - it seems like a drama that isn't even shocking until you realise it is real life.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Apparently people have been going on his FB account and leaving messages of support as well, some people are just sick
what is this world coming to
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
.. but WHY is he now sitting there with the gun pointing at his head??? I thought he said he was going to shoot himself, he'd better hurry up then hadn't he before he shoots one of our officers!!!!!! The police seem very pleased with themselves don't they all smiling at each other now, but I bet it was the SAS who actually caught this man, if they have of course, they're only talking to him atm they say, just shoot him I say!
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »