Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 10:44 AM

Baby birds

Ok - this has never happened to us before (possibly because we used to have a cat)

I have just come back from having a shower to find a baby bird on the floor outside my caravan. Its a bit hard to describe but impossible for me to leave it there due to the fact I have to let my dogs out and it is about a 2-3foot wide outdoor hall. After much contemplation I decided a box with some hay and 9while it is not raining putting it the other side of the fence (so dogs cannot get it) and its close to where it has been lost.

Brought the box out - first thing it did was try and fly out of the box...and then succeeded on the seccond attempt.

Anyway - have now placed it there without the box - in the hope (its making a hell of a racket) that parents will find and feed it) and nature can take its course.

Anyone else had similar problems?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 11:00 AM
If I find a baby bird I usually try to put them up as high as possible in a tree rather than leave them on the floor. Is that possible where you are?
Becky
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
If I find a baby bird I usually try to put them up as high as possible in a tree rather than leave them on the floor. Is that possible where you are?
Becky
Not really - especially in the wind today!
I have looked on the RSPB site and it seems to be saying that this is very normal ..... it just chose the wrong day and the wrong place.

It looks like it has most of its feathers so is probably just learning to fly - but the wind is really strong today.