Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 11:14 AM

Daily Thread,Wednesday, 10th March. 2021

Good morning everyone, seems not many are interested in keeping this thread going or at least not opening it up. I hope you and your four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, take things easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.

Kelly hope things are improving with Kota. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 12:24 PM
Good Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Think that's a little unfair to say people are uninterested just sometime things and life take over.
In between work, covid jab vounteering, litter picking, dog walking, doing meals for neighbours, hospice volunteering, and NHS volunteering during the pandemic for shielding people prescriptions etc. As well as housework, showering (LOL) my stuff and now gardening weather I am kind of busy but try to always pop on and say hello and occasionally update. I did look at opening the thread this morning but I have to think about it to get the wording right and often don't have the time so post when someone opens it.

Have a good day all off out with Gert then lunch run my lunch and work. Catch you al later.

Moyra also I kind of think its your "thing" to open it up and do not want to tread on toes.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Kazz, don't worry about it....I think you are doing brilliantly volunteering with the covid thingy...that's much more important
I am quite often awake early hours of the morning so if I am, happy to start the thread...like you Kazz, I just put what I think is right and if it's wrong, well....not the end of the world.
Moyra, thanks for asking.... she's actually very alert today so I can only assume she has spat her sedatives out.... just don't know where! She's booked with an orthopedic surgeon on 22nd so quite a wait compared to what it used to be, the offered the 17th but dad's car is going in for repair so had to put it back, I am used to being seen the next day or same day, if she gets worse they will have to do her as an emergency and if they can't, there's a couple of other places I can try
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 01:57 PM
Good afternoon all.

Lousy day. The weather ain't being kind today.

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-03-2021, 02:15 PM
Hello everyone

Moyra - If you start this thread then we caan all just add to it. I'm not sure I would know how to open it and these days I'm never around before about mid-day anyway.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2021, 02:27 PM
Afternoon everyone, miserable wet cold day today.
Different form yesterday which was lovely and sunny if a tad chilly.
Busy day yesterday deliveries on and off most of the day.
First covid jab done for myself and Gorden.
Gorden didn't feel a thing I did feel a small scratch, but virtually painless.
Very well organised at the centre we attended, not heard a bad word about any to be honest.
Hoping for no side effects. I do believe though if you can have it you should we are very lucky that it is offered and free of charge. Plus good for hoping to get things back to some sort of normal.

Oh naughty Kota griff really no help and it's not as if these things are cheap.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Off topic slightly but having as you know a run of poorly elderly dogs and elderly dogs who became poorly. I have tried to get ahead of the game with Gert as she is a OCD dog only gets in one side of the car etc etc so started when I git her to use a tiny bit of her breakfast (i.e. hungriest belly meal) I pop a vetzyme or cod liver oil or you-move tablet in it so she is used to the routine, if tablets are required although she eats cod liver oil you-move without issue straight down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 03:18 PM
Hahahaha, you are kind Kazz, mine get their mouths open and tablets shoved down the back of their throat, usually it's o.k as I will watch her...this morning the vets rang and I took my eye off her.
Lynn, pleased you got the jab, Steve got a dead arm and developed cold type systems...I am not looking forward to the second jab but at least I know what to expect now and I will be able to up my steroids accordingly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-03-2021, 03:29 PM
When Dillon needed the extra strength ab's after his ops he wouldn't take then any way. I can usually get things down him with ham or soft cheese or in yogurt.
A friend recommended some strong cheddar on a microwave plate whizz it round in the microwave for a few seconds, let it cool slightly hen pop the pills in the melted cheese and mould it round them, wow they went down a treat every time.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2021, 04:36 PM
I started Rosie on Youmove tablets a few weeks back.

At first I broke them in half in her wet food, but decided to try offering it just before her bowl went down and she takes it with no problems. Previous dogs have always balked at taking tablets. Rosie is so greedy she'll eat anything.

I don't post every day because with the shielding, basically there's nothing much for me to talk about and when there is, it's usually disasters and I feel like I'm always moaning. It's getting harder now too as words do seem to 'disappear' when I'm reading. Ah well, the joys of the senior years
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >