Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 04:13 PM

My indoor lake....

so far

ok its not a lake but its big for our living room and i already want a bigger one soooooo glad i didnt sell it those weeks ago!\

imo its overstocked (its not but it looks it)

some are going on sat since i got new ones im turning it into a sorta semi-aggressive tank.......

right:

5 congo tetras
3 rainbows
3 female guppys who are heavily preggers -

^^^ the above are going on sat

i will have left

2 ghost knifefish..
3gourami - 2dwarf and a golden - who is gettina mate tomorow
2 angel fish
mr pinchy (lobster)
chinese algae eater....
2 plecs

see why i thinkits now overstocked lol? - just beause when they all are at full length it will look pretty spectacular

and my mum decided she now prefers marine fish
(i do ina way as they are far more colourful and pretty - so in a year or 2 we shall be switching...!)

oh and i might be changing to sand - black or light coloured i dont know????!!!! any opinions on that very welcome!!!

piccies!!!!!!

the pinchy palace (he lives in there and only comes out to eat )

the clams...... which i only got y'day - they do move... lol

one of the plecs

angels

so there ya go.....

comments so far????

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Fantastic set up. That must take up a large part of your spare time
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 04:31 PM
thanks im ded pleased with it (and proud lol)

its not that bad tbh - takes me a few mins a day to do feeds and checks - then at least once a week a 4 bucket water change..... sometimes twice a week

so to be honest not that long really!! its just the initial set up thats long, expensive and boring lol!!!

this bit now is the best - i just cant wait for them to grow
im now trying to convince my dad to get atank haha
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 04:48 PM
We used to keep Tropicals and yes it is expensive to start with. I remember one time my Molleys gave birth. As you probs know they give birth to live fry. So we put them in a keep within the tank until they were big enough to be let in to the tank with the other fishes.
Anyhows I was looking at them one day and I thought that they were big enough to be let out into the wide blue yonder. (how wrong was I ) They were snapped up by the other fish (cant remember which ones now, I think they were gourami)
I was mortified I even caught one little blighter and was shaking him by the tail coz all I could see was the back end of my baby Molly Even phoned OH at work
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 05:08 PM
awwww

i bought a breeding net for my guppies - but its been over amonth and no signs of them giving birth!!

they are off to their new home sat.... think they would all be happier tbh,,, the gouramis dont look happy with the tetras swishing round their head lol - the rainbows and tetras school together as well which is nice....

still not sure about switching to sand??? and thoughts on that???
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Beautiful tank, Suze
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I know nothing about fish but it looks lovely, you can see that you have put alot of time and effort into it.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2008, 07:47 PM
lovely tank i had tropical fish once i had guppys, zebra somthings angel fish, neons,is it neon tetras or are neons and tetras different ? but look similar ? my brother had a butterfly fish in his tank i was scared of it
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Suze its a stunning tank, I would love a tank but we tried a biorb a while back (plasticy thing) and it turned green within days of a water change and tropicals would not survive, we put some lion heads in and they lasted ages but it was always green. I was in a corner with no direct sun . I would love a tank your size but would hate for it to be green within days, what did I do wrong?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Looks fabulous Hun, we have two very big Ciclets (sp) but as they are very very territorial I can not put anything else in there....they would think I'd served dinner.
Fortunately they are a beautiful blue colour with mockled orange on, and they have huge heads, so at least we colourful ones.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >