Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I look for unexaggerated animals with nothing "fancy" about them.

Me too... Well, maybe some people may think Greyhounds are exaggerated...but not compared to a lot of dogs.
I obviously love pointies, but I'm not adverse to slight squidgy faces like Bowers, though not as fan of the extremes like Bulldogs or anything like that. I can appreciate the beauty in most breeds, but do have a soft spot for the gorgeous pointies!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Why are some people anti brindle ..?
Is it a staffy thing??

No I have never seen a brindle staffie so not that at all ! I can't give a reasoned answer tbh I just don't like how it looks much like some people like blonde hair and some dark we wouldn't question that too closely really as it's just personal choice.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I do like brindles, the first Greyhound I fell for was a brindle, yummy
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Brindles are fab, when the sun catches their coats it's beautiful, the tiger stripes look so striking.

Guess i must like skinny pointy dogs going by by track record but to be honest and you may want to pass the sick bucket here!!! but i am attracted to any dog that "needs" me...sad and a bit of a cliche but true! xxxx
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Short hair,medium height athletic looking dogs, well toned muscles,smart, energetic dogs I don't really like solid white dogs I prefer fancy colours but just a well proportioned dog is fine with me. I don't really like the little fluffy yappy 1s or the dribblers I love watching dogs do scent work so something that can work I love watching pits and huskies pulling things 1 day I'd love to have a pressa a corrsa a grand canary (hope I spelt those right) and a couple black and tan pits all ona a big farm
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I've got a soft spot for German Shepherds - probably because they were the only dogs I came into contact with as a kid really as my uncle was a police dog handler... so they were the ones I met as a kid who were beautifully behaved and well looked after (they did manage to break his arm on one occasion when he was playing the criminal in one of their demonstrations they do and caught him badly though). Apparently we had an albino one when I was a baby but I don't remember him.

Other than that - black labs, never met a bad one - there was a beautiful one who used to wander the streets most days where I grew up (different era to now when people would have been up in arms about it - and we just were delighted when he came over to say hello to us as kids who knew no better) and he was the sweetest natured thing going (his blooming "owners" didn't deserve such a nice dog)... and the ones I met since then, including the one who convinced me I could actually quite like doing the "dog" thing (was a confirmed cat owner) have been sweeties too.

We both really wanted a proper medium sized shaggy Heinz 57 varieties dog when we went looking around the rescues though. I guess I'm one of those people who just thinks dogs should be dogs and not exaggerated beyond belief... although I do find greyhounds increasingly beautiful and graceful too.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 09:27 AM
For me the German Wirehaired Pointer is the perfect looking dog. Not too big, not too small, not too heavy, not too light AND they have a beard and eyebrows. I'm drawn to any dog with a beard and eyebrows but GWPs have the size, build and athletic ability as well. Rupert has a similar type of look, probably why I was drawn to him over all the other dogs in the shelter.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah Layton's got these massive ginger eyebrows - really make his face look charming. He's got a bit of a beard - but that's currently mixed with slobber, water and some of the yellow fluff from a tennis ball so isn't quite AS atrractive.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah...I'm not quite sure why I like beards on dogs. When they're full of water, bits of food and god only knows what else it's not exactly attractive Rupert has the added attraction of making sure to wipe his on you just after he's eaten or had a drink too.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
I like them athletic, lean, fast and furry. Long muzzles, prick or semi prick ears, long or semi long coats. I think Black tri is my favorite color on any dog.

My other favorite "type" is that heavy wolfy/shepardy type. I love a good black and tan shepherd (short coated though) and I'm just in love with Tupac and think Zeff is gorgeous (but not sure I could handle his issues) so a fan of the very wolfy type dogs, with masks, scrum!
Damn you stole the words out of my mouth!

I love GSD or wolf types! mmmm Other than that I like lab or welsh springer spaniel working types. There is a massive soft spot for Dallys (no pun intended), and greys have grown on me massively in the last few months.

I am not keen on small dogs, long/wired haired coated dogs, or squished faced dogs. There are probably more I wouldn't own than would own.
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >