Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 09:34 AM

A great Day

yesterday we had a fantastic day, it was Cheshire dogs home (sister home to the one I work at in Manchester) 10th anniversary of being in operation, so we had a big fun day to celebrate, bouncy castles, clowns, stalls, gun dog display, search and rescue dogs in attendance, a fun dog show and the Icescape Alaskan Malamute sled team( lol thats us) well even though it was quite warm, it was great fun and the dogs behaved wonderfully, I kept them in the van under some lovely trees to keep them cool, and got my friend to get onto the rig, and had two members of staff lead the dogs around the large ring, while I gave a talk on the malamute, it went down great guns, and I was surprised on how many people stopped what they were doing and come over to watch, my guys did really well and enjoyed themselves, once they had been around the very large ring about 6 times, the handlers that were running had to stop because they were knackard, the dogs wanted to go on but it was enough they then sat down and woo woo to the crowd, and the more people took photos or laughed the more they woo wooed, once over we took them back to the van for drinks and to cool down, and then the people came over asking about the breed, our vet was on call at the show and he came over sat in my van having a cup of tea, and I was embarrassed when he said to me that was absolutely marlelous, your talk on the breed was very informative, and will have people thinking twice before getting one of these wonderful dogs, later on when it cooled down a little I tried Aspen in harness with Timber throught the little woodland there, it has a lovely trail that twists and turns and great underfoot, so I hooked Aspen up just to see if she was freaked by the rig, ohh no she loved it as soon as I said hike on Timber set off with aspen going hell for leather next to him, she never once looked back to see what I was doing, her line wasnt quite as tight as Timbers at times, but I was very happy with her. so a great day, dogs enjoyed themselves and a lot of people know a little bit more about our breed.

mo
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by all . I hope you managed to raise lots of money for the home Mo .
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Awwww I didn't know about this, my fault for being lax Is this the one in Grappenhall? We got Ben from there. I would love to have gone to that...awwwwww Did you take any pic?

Elaine xx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Yes its the same one Elaine, it got really crowded, and in fact there was not enough room for everyone to park at the home, so they were directed further afield, I am off work today so not sure how much was collected for the home, I am hoping its a good sum, I beleive there have been pics taken by staff but not sure, if I get hold of any of my lot, or even of the event I will post them. Its nice to hear about people that have had dogs from the home, sometimes we never hear from the dogs or owners again, so hearing that you have a dog from there, and he is living a great life is thrilling.

Mo