Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 12:37 PM

Bentley Met Timber

I introduced Bentley to Timber yesterday. Timber is my go to dog with new fosters. I don't think there's ever been a time where Timber didn't accept a foster in the house. It went well but I do think Bentley was a bit intimidated at first. That wore off quick once he realized that all that Timber wanted to do was play.

jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2013, 01:17 PM
He's well and truly settled in - and what a lovely dog Timber must be, to welcome all newcomers!
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Great photos.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Brilliant photo,s lovely to see dogs having soooo much fun
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Fantastic photos of Timber and Bentley have a game .... what a good dog Timber is and what a lucky boy Bentley is to have been fostered to you
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome Bentley,looks like they are gonna be great friends
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-12-2013, 04:40 AM
I'm happy with how things are progressing. I usually wait a bit longer to introduce Tynan and Dallas since they are a bit more stand offish in the beginning.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Lovely to see them getting to know each other. Well Done for fostering, I am a failed fosterer couple time over....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Aw lovely photos - both are enjoying playing in the snow!

Hugs to both xx
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
Lovely to see them getting to know each other. Well Done for fostering, I am a failed fosterer couple time over....
I have been a failed foster once. Believe it or not, Timber was my failed foster. He's one of the greatest things that have happened in my life and I feel like the richest person in the world with all my blessings of dogs. I don't have much that is worth anything in terms of finances and I honestly could care less about that, as long as I have my boys I am the happiest person ever. I adopted Timber through the rescue I foster for. I knew he was staying even before he made it to my home and before I could meet him. The feeling of connection was that strong, not sure how that works but it did and I am so grateful it did. Timber was found dumped on a very rural road up north, about 7 hours from me. He was lucky to have been dumped on that road because it happened to be the same road my friend lives on (she runs the rescue). The neighbour saw him being pushed out of a moving car and I am so happy that she was persistent enough to catch him. She also knew he was the one for me, as I mentioned to her that I was looking for "the one" if she ever found him/her, and Timber was.

I would have loved to have been a failed foster 3 times now, but one was not possible overall, and the other 2 came at the wrong time in life. I guess everything happens for a reason. I'm still waiting to see if there's another perfect girl for me when the time is right.