View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Awww H. Still I think in hindsight you have probs, between the two of you, come to the right conclusion. Bit of a anti-climax though.
Keep looking hun, you are a serious doggy searcher and you have made the right decison. No use taking on a dog out of pity. You have decided to wait until the right dog comes along for you and for your family.

Elaine xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh well H who am I to say anything different, you know Georgie better than most of us who have never met him and it's a knowledge only gained by a long and close relationship no words ever are exchanged but you just know don't you what he likes and what he might feel a threat. Oh well I can have my cocao and go to bed now
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Blimey - I hardly got any sleep last night thinking about Axel, and Georgie and you, H! LOL! Anyway, I am pleased you had a good, long chat with John and, even if Axel isn't the right dog for you, at least John knows you are serious about finding the right companion for all of your needs, as well as for the new dog. It HAS to be right for you all.

I will definitely let you know of anything that comes up on the rescue forum that looks suitable Are you thinking a bitch might be a better option than a dog? And definitely a longcoat?

OK - I will get on to it
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Just caught up with all of this Aitch. I'm sure the right one will be with you and Georgie soon. Cassie's keeping her paws crossed for you xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Patience, Aitch - she's out there honey, I just know it!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry Axel isn't the one but out there is a lovely teddy bear with gorgeous eyes who will make the perfect sister for Georgie I just know it. Good on you for being so serious about it being 100% for evryone including the new family member.

Let us know about the home check, I know you will pass witth flying colours I just have visions of you talking the police man into helping you find mrs right too!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Golly H , this thread is a marathon from where I posted last!

I am sure that you will find exactly the right match so everyone will be happy. Look forward to that day *hugs*
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks everyone again!

Well, nothing yet from the home-checker, but I'm sure he'll ring somewhen today.

I'm all in a quandry now though I just had a visitor. She's the lady who hasn't seen Georgie for almost a year, she used to dog walk him and take care of him when his owner was in hospital prior to us having him 5 years ago when the owner eventually died! Now she knows Georgie very, very well, he's stayed with her and hers a lot (5 other dogs), and she's a professional dogwalker/sitter. She slammed me down for even thinking about getting another dog as company for Georgie

Her reasons being, she said he looks and acts the best she's ever seen him in his entire life, he's well happy, and the c*ap life he had up to the time he found me, has meant that he now knows where he belongs, he's loving being the only dog around, and yes, he's very clingy to me, but what's wrong with that she said? She told me that when she has dogs over to stay with hers, yes of course they love it AT FIRST, but when it goes on for a whole week, her own dogs get very unsettled with the visitors, most of them just slope off looking miserable, and the dominant leader keeps pushing the visitor away from her own pack. Christ, she's got methinking now!!! She does know what she's talking about, she's very knowledgeable on dogs, and she said I should wait until Georgie's lived out his few remaining years with us, after the c*ap life he had before, he's sooooo enjoying himself at the moment, and she thinks he would NOT be happy if I brought another dog into our home FFSake what do I do now then??? I respect her, so I'm going to give our little conversation some very deep thought here She could be right, and if she is, then I'd end up sending the rescue dog back if I thought Georgie was in any way unhappy wouldn't I???!! Deep thought is required on this one now, but I won't put off my current plans at the moment. Imight even have another long chat with the homechecker about all this when he comes.

Rollercoaster or what!!!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Aitch I am so sorry that you find yyourself in such a quandry, but no one can say that you have gone into this without thinking it all through and have only the best interest of both Geeorgie and the rescue dog/bitch at heart, Can undertand what you are going through, but fate has a way of sorting things out for the best , so time will tell.

Big hugs to you and Georgie Eunice xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 01:41 PM
its a difficult one H - and I can sympathise with the quandary.
Every time I see another russell that needs a home, I think shall I get a play mate for Missy? then I remember we were told she'd be best as an only dog, and I know how much she loves our attention, and I think would she be put out if we had another? Mostly I think she would. She's getting older now and she plays when she wants, sleeps when she wants, has our undivided attention when we give it and generally has a much better life than what she has known before. Another dog might interrupt that , and she's so happy now I wouldn't change it for the world. Until I see the next dog that desperately needs a home and then I run through it again in my mind.
So I do sympathise. But only you know what would be best for Georgie. Long and hard thinking, girl.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do *hugs*
Page 13 of 18 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »