View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 11:03 PM
well i notice my bitch does it- she has normal poos out on walks then seems to force one out that is small and runny- do you think it is dominance in her? she is an extremely dominant bitch- especially over my male dog- who doesnt do this 'marking'
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Normal. Their bowels are stimulated by the movement. That applies to dogs and humans.
True, it's like 'runners tummy' or 'runners trots'.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Jack does this as well, and it's usually in the most awkward of places, like on the edge of stinging nettles or brambles

Originally Posted by labradork View Post

Great subject to be discussing at 11:00pm...
Even better at nearly 8am, whilst trying to eat soggy weetabix
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Yes, Bailey does it, on EVERY walk. I have to take a poo bag with a wad of kitchen towel in it, as it's sometimes impossible to get up with the bag and I like to wipe the pavement with the kitchen towel too, to make sure there are no marks left. There are a few anti-doggies round here. Don't want to give them an excuse to report me, when I have EIGHT dogs!

I always put my lot in the garden before I take them for their walk, as I don't want them dirtying in the street really but Bailey basically says "forget it"

Tiani will occasionally do it whilst walking but it's not soggy poop or anything. The rest NEVER go when out, so suits me
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:35 AM
anyone that has ever been for a walk with my two male rotts will tell you, they can poop for scotland....
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Tonto doesn't do it, but then he very rarely poops when out, likes to keep it at home for his Mummy
But Inca does, always, especially on a run off in the fields kind of walk, and I know lot of dog owners here don't pick those poops up round the fields but I do and yes, if she can find some long grass, brambles or nettles she will do them there as if to say 'While you are spending all that time trying to pick that up I can be off and up to mischief!'
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Interesting lol ..... but Ihave noticed that Ben does this too. Most yucky when trying to scrape it up with a carrier bag lol.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Bloody hell, I've been wandering about this too.

Woody is solid, one or two in the mornings, but the afternoons, off lead in the park are all walnut whips!! Makes picking up VERY hard!!

So it's OK?
That really made me laugh out loud Thank you.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Jobie has been known to squeeze out three poops on a 20 min walk, usually in the middle of a nice landscaped bush...
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes, Max does this too!! We have several walks that we go to but the only that he does it on is on his regular morning walk in the park (where a lot of dogs go), he doesn't do it on the more remote footpaths we go to.

Even if he has been in the garden before we go out he likes to squeeze a tiny bit out, sometimes if I am really lucky he will do this a couple of times. Thanks Max, what a lucky mummy I am!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >