Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2011, 11:02 AM

Meeting dogs vs meeting kids

ive taken notice of all my dogs and the 3 that i take to the forest are not interested one bit in any other dog not interested in saying hello or noticing they are there but if they see a child they are like "come and tickle my tummy"!!
i do have 4 kids here and have always introduced the dogs at school time when they were puppies (carrying them into playground) but also made a point oif introducing them to other dogs!
maybe cos they were surrounded by kids in the house makes them like kids more than dogs!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Out of my 3, there is only Jed who is interested in meeting other dogs, the other 2 couldnt care less. Children they ignore too (as well as adults), probably because they've never been brought up with children (although are used to my niece and nephews who range from 3 to 10 years).
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Axel likes meeting both dogs and children. He'd prefer adult dogs to puppies, and children to human adults. Weird dog I know! But he prefers adult dogs with manners (or indicentally puppies, if they have manners) and children are less threatening to him that human adults he doesn't know.