Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 05:48 PM

Changing vets

..not sure where this should go so can move if needs be!

Basically I am thinking about changing vets. I do like the vets I am at, but another vet has just been highly recommended to me who is just as close, and apparently is a privately run practice rather than a chain and so is a lot cheaper, and the guy is a total dog lover, so really keen to switch.

The issue being, will my current vet know I have changed if I register at the new place?

I just don't want to swap to the new vet, not like him, and then want to swap back and the original place be annoyed that I swapped away in the first place, does that make sense?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Maybe see if you can go in to see the vets, have a look round and maybe a quick chat with the vets before making up your mind?

I know that when I have changed vets in the past, I haven't actually spoken to my old vet about it. When I have made the appointment with the new vets, they asked which vet I was previously at so they could request the notes. The new vet rang the old vet and got the notes faxed over.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Don't forget you are the client and you can go to which vet you please so if you want to change go ahead. If it doesn't work out then I am sure your current vet would welcome you back with open arms. Don't forget they are running a business and need to make a profit which they can't do unless they have plenty of customers
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks
Yeah I swapped with other animals a while back to this vet, and I am sure they would be fine, but by the sounds of it the new guy sounds lovely and a total dog lover. Just feel a bit bad as I have been going to this vet for years now lol