Our sister sites
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-06-2011, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't say they're spoilt, though being a dog here does have certain perks:

Free board and lodge.
Private medical health care.
Private education with one to one tutoring.
Personal fitness trainer.
Chaufer driven car.

When I (attempt to) go to bed at night, it's not unusual to hear my wife's voice from under the quilt and surrounded by three dogs saying " Don't you dare disturb them - go and seep in the spare room."

No, definitely not spoilt
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Free board and lodge.
Chaufer driven car.

When I (attempt to) go to bed at night, it's not unusual to hear my wife's voice from under the quilt and surrounded by three dogs saying " Don't you dare disturb them - go and seep in the spare room."

This made me LOL.

I always say that dogs (and pets in general) are meant for spoiling -- what else are they for?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 11:48 PM
No theyre not spoilt, thats why i waken up most mornings with two Boxers & a cat on the bed, sometimes two cats
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-06-2011, 12:47 AM
I meant spoilt as in spoiling a loved one - pampering, etc

Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post

Free board and lodge.
Chaufer driven car.

lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 05:27 AM
Its very much a MichaelM case here too

I must own up that we hate disturbing the dogs if they are snuggled fast asleep...often the words of ''but I don't want to disturb them'' can be heard

as in material things like fancy expensive collars, leads, coats, food bowls....no afraid not
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 05:49 AM
I dont know what you class as spoilt. Mine certainly get everything they need, and I will always try to give them the best I can, or find a good alternative.
They get plenty of exercise, training, stimulation, good food (Kerrie is currently outside nomming on a Frozen Lamb breast) they also get lots of attention/affection.

Is that spoilt? I dont know. Maybe its just doing the things you do for the ones you care about, and I dont see the point in having them if you are not going to look after them correctly.

(But yes tomoz when Alex and I go shopping, our first port of call will be the pet aisle in Wilkos to refill their cupboard, and I am about to place an order with Berriewood for some more Bonios!)
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Yep he's spoilt - lots of cuddles, lots of fuss, I buy stuff for him (because I enjoy shopping anyway).

Unlike lots of kids though - he hears the word "no" a fair bit.

What else am I going to spoil? Myself?!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 07:21 AM
My dogs aren`t spoiled. But they are cared for. They get good food, enough exercise and are never ill-treated. Is that being spoiled? I don`t think so.
I would treat a cow, a child or a granny with the same level of consideration, I hope.
Sadly, so many dogs lives are less than ideal, it seems that a dog who gets walked every day and who is fed proper food may well be `odd` these days. I see so many dogs who don`t get proper exercise or training, and whose owners feed them stuff that gives them orange poo.
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Saffi has rules and boundaries, and she has good food, lots of toys and treats, a section of the sofa and a heck of a lot of love. I do love to spend money on her, so that could be seen as 'spoiling' - but she's not a 'spoilt brat' - she's a very well behaved dog and deserves the good things in life as she brings so much to mine
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2011, 08:57 PM
yes i guess rossi is spoilt we dont do bling leads collars or posh toys but we try not to leave him alone only when we are working so all our free time is spent with him doing favourite walks he goes every where with us he can sleep anywhere in the house he starts off in his own bed at night but is always on ours by the morning lol he has lots of love & cuddles good food only home made treats healthy scraps from us he is very much part of our family & is treated as such but he also has bounderies he knows the word NO & is a very laid back easy little dog so we dont think he acts spoilt
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >