register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Yeah Mandy, all this wet weather has encouraged the nasties to stick around, a good hard frost for a few weeks gets rid of them usually.
Are you having to go into work as well, you poor thing. I'm sure Harvey won't mind you being off if you explain
Griff, your mum should be taking legal action with them after whats gone on, she's got the doctors report as evidence.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Mandy, hope you feel better soon, spoke to my neighbour this morning and she sounds dreadful..she has an awful bug
TW, we will have to see what happens when she leaves
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Turned into a lovely day, sun is out, sky is blue, pretty cold,but wrapped up well and had some incident free walks as well!!!
Internet been off and on, was on my way out with Mabs and Co. and saw a Virgin man crouched by the box, and I said oh its you causing the trouble is it, and he said they were still getting themselves sorted after the floods and it had been a knock on effect to all the boxes nearby.
I had the most heartlifting experience when sorting the girls out, there was no need for any fresh at all, took a few wet patches out this morning and after walks, fluffed it up, and that was it.
Telly keeps going on and off as does t'interweb watching Doctors (back on this week is it?) and its stopping and starting
Hoping I'll be able to get online to get the telephone number of the insurance company, tried a couple of times today to get it to let me in the quote but nothing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Done the shopping put the hoover round mopped up the muddy paw prints now the rest of the day is my own.
I gave leeway over christmas for stupid shoppers and drivers and was astounded to see people are still annoyingly chatting in shop doorways either to friends or on their phone and drivers drifting across car parks without any thought for anyone else or pulling away and not looking. That's my rant for the day.
Lovely day here warmer than usual and sun is shining.

Hoping mum has the report in her hand soon griff either way by you finding it or someone sending it to her.
Get well soon Mandy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 03:42 PM
TW, hoping the engineer is soon finished fiddling in the box and your internet behaves
Lynn, the stupidity and rudeness of some people astounds me
Spoken to mum, she is not allowed to be sick for 6 months..that is from the time she went back so well past march, she still hasn't been allocated a permanent desk as the Dr didn't stipulate her needs..comon sense would say give her the same desk as she had before they moved...but as she says common sense doesn't exist there. She could harly speak when i was talking to her earlier and she was getting put on the phones this afternoon...it will not turn out well!! i have told her that when she leaves she should look at suing them...i really do think she has just had enough and doesn't have the fight in her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Is the tv and phone behaving now June ?
Poor mum griff.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Still off and on Lynn, sometimes I get TV, sometimes internet, sometimes both. The Father Brown episode was a repeat so was able to fill in the gaps, in Doctors I gather the new Practice Manager is gunning for Mrs Tembe. Maybe the Virgin guys will have gone for the day now it is gone 4pm, electric people are still up at the river 7 days a week, so Gawd knows what's happening, just hope I can get onto
the river when they're done
Griff your mum needs to find the fight from somewhere, that medical report is damming, she should be at a solicitors office right now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2016, 04:44 PM
TW, she isn't well and honestly doesn't need anymore stress from anywhere, she will feel a lot better when she is out...which won't be long and then we can go from there, my dad has just told me that he thinks she should just look for another job and then go and tip a pint of water over her boss's head when she leaves...i did point out that that is assault and he is the type to press charges...if your getting done for assault you may as well spill the blood Lol...karma though...well i will say no more
You are right, that practice manager is up to no good...he always plays a dodgy git him, he was in holby and was dodgy in that
Just booked kota in at the vets for tomorrow evening, she is getting the lot done, Jabs, anal glands, claws, full health check and bloods...i am sedating her before i go so the vet can get a good look at her without her leaping around everywhere Lol will be quite novel to have a calm Kota
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Totally disgraceful she can't bring herself to do anything about them, thats exactly what they did where I worked, they did it to all my line managers, but then they picked on me, and despite the fact they didn't have it in them anymore to take them to the cleaners, I did, and they all werer e behind me telling me what to do and what would be happening on the other side, one even got the best employment law solicitor in Manchester to represent me
Early Corrie tonight, does everyone know
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-01-2016, 07:10 PM
Evening All - Hope poorlies are feeling a bit better by now and that everyone has had a better than average day.
June has found a virgin man in Bolton (fiddling in his box apparently) must be thinking of playing cricket. Well one would hope so anyway otherwise his eyesight could well be affected.
Griff - that is an awful pantomime your mum is having with the council - perhaps as you say, for the good of her health, she'd be better off out of it! Do sincerely hope though that she can end up with some sort of compensatory package, for she has truly been treated most shamefully and nowadays people are getting paid off for far less things than she has had to endure. Hope Kota is OK at the vets - is there some reason for the MOT or is it just a routine thing you have done every so often.
Sorry to disappoint - but haven't fallen down a rabbit hole - it would in truth have to be a blerdy great big rabbit, to get me down there. Have just been catching up with bookwork and the snail mail.
Danger Curls is going out for the day on sunday - spending it with an old friend who is besotted by her. She has been widowed these last 4 years and has an old dog (which I fixed her up with) and he is her entire world.
Her old chap who is an irish terrier/whippet mix is now rising 14 and can't last forever and I think she is angling for me to gift her the dreaded Danger Curls should anything happen to him. They would suit each other down to the ground and she only lives down on the edge of the village so wouldn't be a million miles away. I've known her for forty plus years (was at her wedding) and has always come to me for a dog. Both her and her late husband were keen hill walkers and she has carried on with it now he's gone. The idea behind the day out for DC is for them to get better acquainted and this will be repeated until she is at home there as she is at my spot.
Just about to go in for Dinner but wil be back later - take care all, bye fer now.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >