Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 08:12 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 13th November, 2018

Going morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Hope Dillon is settling into his new home, at least he has no stairs to climb.

Good to see you Gordon, glad little or maybe not so little Scout is doing ok and happy in her pending birthing.

Lynn hope you slept well last night and all went well for you three for the rest of the evening and night.

Must walk Amber, give my teeth another going over and get off to the dentist. Then it is Hospital this afternoon with my eyes.

Have a good day all, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Blue sky and sunny. Just hope it helps me and Fagin to get over the loss. Feeling it more each day instead of less. Ah well. Have a good day all.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 09:40 AM
Morning all

Lovely morning here after all the heavy rain yesterday, but I did manage to wash and dry the covers off the sofa before the heavens opened.
Catching up on washing today already have a line full out, hoping it will dry it.

Nothing planned for today.

Moyra hope the appointments go well x

Lynn hope you are settling and had a good first night in your new home x

Brenda Hugs x

Have a good day all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Morning all
Thanks for the update LG, I will let my mum know...she is a bit excited...bless her lol. I hope the new arrivals will brighten Fagin up a bit, I am now off to Google mountain ash as I have no idea what one looks like
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope all your appointments go well Moyra

Pity you don't have a washing fairy Sal

Hope you had a good night Lynn and that Dillon is not too unsettled. Pity about the leaking toilet lets hope it is fixed quickly.

Hugs Brenda you can only take one day at a time.

Good morning Griff hope. you have a good day.

Nice day here after the awful day and night of wind and rain. Roofer here sorting out the tiling on the porch roof. Have helped Barry clear yet more leaves from the back garden will be glad when they are all down. Already have two compost bins full so no room in them.

Hope all two and four legged are well
Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 05:08 PM
Well, I went by bus to the hospital but came back by taxi. Seemed silly not to use my bus pass seeing as it cost me nothing. My eyes are still stinging like mad and I have a headache, better rest them for a while.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Evening everyone hope you are well.
Many thanks Gordon for the best wishes from yourself and the mem.
Apart from being in a terrible muddle we already love it here. Met a nice couple on our way back from the park you can walk up a little lane, they were very enamoured of Dillon and he was telling us he use to be a gamekeeper.
Very interesting man think I am going to enjoy bumping into him.

Next door neighbour one side lovely and her daughter and granddaughters.
Not met the other side but when they are not home they have a barker . I don't mind dogs barking Dillon does when excited. This though can go on for over an hour short break then again.
It started up at 3 early this morning and finished at 4.30. Think he must work shifts. We are detached but you can hear it.
Never mind we will see how things pan out.

Dillon a little unsettled probably due to the awful meddle we are in. Mark and Lauren popped in and lent a hand with some jobs and I think that made Dillon feel more settled that people were visiting.
Another good take away Indn tonight couldn't eat it all but it's gone in the fridge for my tea tomorrow evening. Gorden is away tomorrow and back home Thursday evening.

Gordon I hope Fagin feels better soon must be heartbreaking for you and the mem to see him pine.
Gypsy's place of rest sounds lovely. Glad to read Danger curls is doing well.

Moyra hope the headache has gone.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2018, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Met a nice couple on our way back from the park you can walk up a little lane, they were very enamoured of Dillon and he was telling us he use to be a gamekeeper.
Very interesting man think I am going to enjoy bumping into him.

One of the nicest things I noticed from living in a truly rural area is that people are generally friendly and almost always like dogs (even if they don't own one) on my walks in Knettishall forrest we often meet people with their kids and no dog and they chat and ask about Casey. In the towns and cities it's the other way around, not friendly and don't like dogs Not everyone of course, but that's been my general impression and one reason we never even thought about buying a property in a large town or city.

So pleased that you are getting the 'right' feeling in the new place, that's quite important and I don't think it was the same when you moved before.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Gordon Mac - I think I may have mentioned before that your Fagin is very much like our Baruska (Except she didn't go for humans)

I still feel he is probably a true 'pack leader' and as such he will feel he's failed in so far as one of his pack has pre-deceased him. We (humans) might see it as sadness but I don't think dogs work like that, as the pack leader one of his main duties is to protect the pack, to keep it together, and somehow he's not been able to fulfill that duty with Gypsy. He won't be going into the 'whys' and 'what ifs' or thinking about medical matters like we humans tend to do. In my opinion that's why his behaviour has changed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2018, 11:40 PM
I had a dog come to agility, HER name was Dave - go figure.

Anyhow, the dog was 5 years old and truly depressed. She had completely shut down and the owner had brought her because she felt seeing and being with other dogs may help. They had lost their other dog 2 months before and Dave was getting more and more despondent as time passed. The classes did help her a little. I honestly believe that that dog was in a true state of grieving.

Grief is a funny thing and goes through many stages. There's no rushing it, but distraction and company often help if only in a small way. I have my doubts that it ever completely leaves us, but rather softens over time and we learn to live with it