Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:02 PM

John Rogerson - opinions/experiences?

I'm thinking about booking a course with John Rogerson next year.

Has anyone ever trained with him? Watched him in action?

What is he like? How would you rate the learning experience?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I know John from way back, when we were competing at the same working trials & John is a very down to earth person. Never done a course with him, but from people who have it's always been good feedback.

When they did a TV series some years back, he was the only trainer who gave sensible real life advice(which sadly the owner didn't take or implement)& rehomed the dog, when the owner wanted rid of him, to a lovely forever home.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I started a thread on John Rogerson earlier this year, as I was planning on going on one of his tracking courses. Unfortunately he wasn't running the course I was interested in this year, but I had nothing but positive feedback about him.

Which course are you thinking of doing?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Potentially his Canine CSI course in Wales next year... but am having to think long and hard about it cos of the cost etc, so am doing plenty of research
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Go for it he's brilliant I was asked along to make up numbers when he did a training course for GSD League of GB and they didn't get enough GSD to fill the places.

The first year I took my Boxer and he passed the Group1 test with 97/100 the first non GSD to do it

Next year I took my Beardie for the Group1 which she passed with 98/100. Took my Boxer back for the Group2 and he passed that as well.

John was a really interesting trainer and very approachable.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 05:11 PM
I've sais it before and I'll say it again John is one of the most knowledgeable dog people i know .I have known him since the early 70's John, my husband and I and others set up the North East Counties WTS.he started me off in trials, infact I bought my first collie from him.
I wouldnt hesitate in reccommending him, go for it you will really enjoy it

Jeanette