Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Is it? Who said it was "trophy" hunted? pPease provide proof of your claims.
Although i dont deer stalk,i do however know of several people who do and none of them trophy hunt.All deer are eaten and nothing is wasted so i cant see a problem with what goes on.Deer have to be managed and thats the bottom line.

As for the claims about people who shoot for pleasure-what expression am i supposed to have while in the process? I shoot and will freely admit that i enjoy what i do otherwise i wouldnt do it! Am i supposed to have a sad look on my face everytime i pick up a gun?
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Is it? Who said it was "trophy" hunted? pPease provide proof of your claims.
errm the press did lol....i dont know maybe he was trophy hunted maybe he wasnt but from what ive been told on another forum trophy hunting IS part of deer management....so is that incorrect then?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
errm the press did lol....i dont know maybe he was trophy hunted maybe he wasnt but from what ive been told on another forum trophy hunting IS part of deer management....so is that incorrect then?
Well if the press said its true then it must be! The press also said he is still alive!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Although i dont deer stalk,i do however know of several people who do and none of them trophy hunt.All deer are eaten and nothing is wasted so i cant see a problem with what goes on.Deer have to be managed and thats the bottom line.

As for the claims about people who shoot for pleasure-what expression am i supposed to have while in the process? I shoot and will freely admit that i enjoy what i do otherwise i wouldnt do it! Am i supposed to have a sad look on my face everytime i pick up a gun?
I also dont know of a single person that stalks Deer for trophies Steve. Many people choose to look but dont "see."

Lol! With regard to the gun thing, I try to sneak mine out if I dont need a dog, otherwise they are welded to the door before me!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:10 PM
If a job has to be done, then it has to be done, if that means ending an animals life for what ever reason ie - it being ill then thats what needs to happen. But anyone that enjoys killing a living thing is a little .. well .. erm - not right in the head..
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
If a job has to be done, then it has to be done, if that means ending an animals life for what ever reason ie - it being ill then thats what needs to happen. But anyone that enjoys killing a living thing is a little .. well .. erm - not right in the head..
Well thats me then, I enjoy what I do, when I go shooting and reduce the vermin numbers on farmers land. Gives me satisfaction in knowing the animal was killed quickly and cleanly.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Well thats me then, I enjoy what I do, when I go shooting and reduce the vermin numbers on farmers land. Gives me satisfaction in knowing the animal was killed quickly and cleanly.
Having satisfaction, in knowing the job was done quickly is a little different.. Everyone should feel satisfied that their job has been done correctly - but enjoying pulling the trigger on an animal is something I cant understand, I would rather some one shot the animal and walked off not feeling anything, rather than walking off after enjoying it..
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I also dont know of a single person that stalks Deer for trophies Steve. Many people choose to look but dont "see."

Lol! With regard to the gun thing, I try to sneak mine out if I dont need a dog, otherwise they are welded to the door before me!
I've taken Vegas with me a few times,but he's a hopeless gun dog-zero retrieving intinct coupled with the attentive span of a 5 year old,but great at driving rabbits out of high crops! Only problem is he drives them the wrong way and i'd need an AK47 to hit them...!

Muntjac are like a plague round here and because theres no closed season they're shot all year round yet it makes little difference to their numbers.Maybe i should stick in a variation for a .244
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Well if the press said its true then it must be! The press also said he is still alive!
as i said i dont know what the truth is about that particular stag lol.... i was talking about trophy hunting within deer management!
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
totally agree DD people who enjoy killing have no empathy for their victims
Page 9 of 51 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »