Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 09:29 AM

Help needed for Bubble Trouble

I can't keep her out of the vets poor little mite keeps getting infections. This time it's her ears.

I was just wondering... she's 5 months this week, she's had a urine infection followed by a tooth infection and now an ear infection.

Now, her breeder is fantastic and her dogs are all excellent but this litter didn't go well at all and only Bubble and one litter sister survived the C section.

She worked very hard to bring them back upto health and they look fantastic - to look at Bubble you'd never think she had struggled at all, but her breeder wasn't sure she was going to make it for the first few days.

Could this start have compromised her immune system and should I be looking at trying to boost it? I ask because of all the infections, and how would I do this?

Thanks
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Just been to the vets with Bubble for some ear drops. My vet has assured me that it's probably just typical puppy ended up with more problems than you'd expect - she's not at all concerned that her immune system is compromised.

I'm also pretty sure that even though they were helped along, they were fed by their mum so will have still got all the colostrum they needed.

She doesn't look at all unhealthy you'd never know she'd come from a litter with problems, we just seem to be at the vets a lot!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Some times all you ever do is visit the vet!!
I asked for my own seat!!! I seemed to have been so much just lately!!

Hope Bubble soon feels better xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks hun

I know, there's a work experience girl there at the moment and she said to me when I took Bubble yesterday... 'I've only been here a week and I feel like I know her!'

The vet says we should have a season ticket!

Thankfully - I have a very good relationship with my vet and she's doing all she can to make it easier for us!

Bubble is fine in herself - thankfully, it all seems to be water off a duck's back! The vet has suggested we only do her ears once a day to prevent her becoming headshy because she doesn't like being held still (she's only 5 months - so it's not abnormal! She just doesn't want to have to sit still for any length of time!) which suits me because I only see my mum once a day and I need her help!

She's much happier today, less scratching and head shaking... when I first noticed a problem on Sunday it was awful I felt so guilty but the vet said it probably came up really quickly.

Bless... there's time for her to become a bit hardier!