View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
There's a pug in my future at some point I'm sure.
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Hmm well I have had Noah since he was 8weeks (Newf) and i always wanted one. Recently rescued two st bernards but still i love newfs and the next dog i have WILL be a newf, dont know why its strange
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I know I'll always have dallies until I can no longer cope with them...

However - I will also have a different breed I think. I don't think I could ever be without a dal, but I'm pretty sure my next one will be a mini poodle (it really depends on whether I still have Eddy and whether the breeders I would have a pup from have litters planned - as I am now very picky!)
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 02:53 AM
I'VE HAD IN MY LIFETIME...
collies and collie crosses
GSDs
staffies
elkhounds
shibas
Each breed holds a place in my heart but think now having had a shiba(well 2 as of yesterday)I have found that special breed for me.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 04:18 AM
I've had 5 GSD's
12 collies

and we always have a small breed at the same time.

1 Toy poodle
1 C.K.C.S
1 Shih-Tzu
and now a Pug (wanted one for 50+ years)

...........and now the other half is talking wire-haired JR

Jeanette
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
That's interesting - what makes you stick with the Shibas even though you would like some of the other breeds you have described.
I think it's their character, Catrin. Also the fact that they are very vocal....... I love this (although the neighbours might disagree at 5am in the morning) - it's like having three extra "people" to talk to
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Bought my 1st Dobermann just over 24yrs ago and have never owned anything else, and probably never will

Mo and the Gang
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Always had and always will have pei's, admired them from afar when i was younger, finally got to own one, learnt a huge amount about them and found them very addictive.

They get a bad rap, which alot of is untrue, hated by alot of vets and insurance companies but times have changed and i hope that through my dogs i have educated some people on the breed and proved that if you do it right you can have a very healthy wrinkly clown.

Their personalities are like nothing i've known in a dog and they have some very funny quirks, they are nothing like most people expect them to be.

I tend to stay with the same breed now because i know so much about them and could never be without them. I love alot of other breeds but cant ever see myself owning anything else.
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2008, 09:49 AM
As a child we had:

1 x OES
1 x Boxer
2 x cross breeds

I personally have had:
4 x GSD
1 x Akita
3 x crossbreeds

My husband would have another Akita tomorrow but we have been spoilt by Nala and I don't think that there would be another one that would come close to her so I won't have one.

Although I have seen a few nice GSDs it is hit and miss as to what you are going to get, both conformation and health, as such I will now always have cross breeds - just as much hit and miss but (apart from the so called designer crosses) a fraction of the price
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 09:53 AM
always a rescue and always a russell.

I love jacks - our first was rescued from the neighbours who used to abuse her and the day they nearly killed her was the day we got her.
What a character! Full of love, full of spirit, full of fun and just a little dog who had the heart of a lion. She lived to 18 years old. For me, although I love all dogs, there's no other breed quite like them. They are personality plus.

I also like the fact that within the jack russell type you can get so many variations - so never having to have your next one look exactly like your first. A big bonus - means you don't really compare the next to the last.

Our first was a smooth haired shorty and our second is a long legged rough coated parsons.
Regardless of recognition or not, they are all jacks to me - and I love them
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >