View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 01:09 PM
For behaviour work as opposed to pet training i charge £50 per session (approx 1 hour)
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
I paid £80 for one to come out to Rupert. There was no time limit, she stayed for as long as it took to see his problems and give us advice. I think she ended up staying around 3 hours.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Firstly you need to differentiate between a behaviourist and a trainer.

The former will want to sit down with you for a couple of hours, ask lots of questions and observe the dog and you etc etc before advising on an appropriate course of behaviour modification.

A trainer will come to give you specific instructions in how to train your dog in specific issues.

The former will tend to be more expensive than the latter at least in the short term.

Most top class trainers I know (and by that I mean those who have not only trained champions themselves but trained OTHERS to achieve top status) will charge about £25 per half hour to an hour depending on the task at hand and of course you would probably be a regular.

For example, you need longer to say do tracking or some gundog work than heelwork for obedience.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2