Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Dogs seem very much to have become a 'fashion accessory' status symbol in the eyes of many in recent years, dressing up in gaudy,tacky 'dog accessories' to match handbags etc or the heavy leather,studded harnesses to make em look 'well 'ard'. Ohh we'd love a dog but not one that sheds hair or makes a mess of our house or spoil the carpets etc. Dogs don't live in or understand a Dfs, or PC world. Sorry for rant, again
No need to apologise to me, I couldn't agree withyou more. The world is not going in the direction I would wish, and nowhere is that more so than in the stupid, ignorant, media obsession with so called 'celebraties' a word which I wish had never been invented

Getting back to your point in the OP - I firmly believe that dogs see the world in a whole different concept to humans, they have a strong desire for routine (They don't like change) they focus strongly on food and water ('cos that's how to stay alive) and they will always protect and fight for their fellow pack members. Oh yes they do share one trait of humans - the desire to constantly reproduce

They learn in a different way to humans, but learn they certainly do and sometimes it seems to me that they like to apply what they've learned but not always in the way we would do

Humans will never be fully compatible with dogs but as long as there are enough 'good' humans around then some dogs will have a good life and we will be richer beyond belief for having known them.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Shaun Ellis lived with wolves - he has the role of the 'omega', or 'peacemaker' in the pack. Anyone interested in humans learning more about wolves should read up about him, it's fascinating. There are also some clips of him and his beautiful wolves on youtube, I believe.

There's an article on him in the February issue of 'Your Dog' magazine, if anyone's interested. He also has a book out, I think.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=Losos;2145339]
Humans will never be fully compatible with dogs but as long as there are enough 'good' humans around then some dogs will have a good life and we will be richer beyond belief for having known them. [/QUOTE]

Thankyou for your reply, your words i've underlined think are very lovely.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2