View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lwatson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 01:03 PM
It all depends what they are chewing I suppose.

If our daughter leaves her shoes around the house then our dogs will chew them (they had one of her sandals today), but then it make us tidy things away more knowing that they might chew something. When I picked up the sandal this mornng and showed it to both dogs they both scuttled off and went in their box so they knew they had done wrong but I just couldn't prove which one did it.

They have never eaten anything like a sofa or mattress (fingers crossed, knock on wood and all that jazz), but when we did have a collie cross once she took the carpet from the bottom of our stairs and when she used to sit on the stairs she chewed the corner of our wooden windowsil twice! In the end we muzzled her when we went out and in the end just the threat of getting the muzzle out would deter her. Bonnie also like to chew the corner of the skirting board if we put her in the kitchen and we even tried putting tabasco sauce on it but I think she just thought we were adding flavour for her but the anti-nail bite stuff worked in the end.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree, cushions are useless - especially if you have an already soft settee or bed

If our daughter leaves her shoes around the house then our dogs will chew them (they had one of her sandals today), but then it make us tidy things away more knowing that they might chew something. When I picked up the sandal this mornng and showed it to both dogs they both scuttled off and went in their box so they knew they had done wrong but I just couldn't prove which one did it.
My mum likes Louie - it's got my Brother to shift all his stuff out of the living room.

But as I said before - I prefer a crate and toys and chews - when we had to leave Louie at 16 weeks, we went out for a night - he had the conservatory - his crate (we didnt shut him in it) and a frozen rope toy that had been soaked in chicken soup - kept him busy and nothing else in the room was chewed
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Thank you for all the replies, the cushions are the big ones that you sit on, other wise you'd be sitting on a layer of fabric and springs! And they are easy to move. And we don't really need that sofa unless guests come round.
He has a crate and I do put him in there when I go out or I wait for someone else to come in and keep an eye on him (I seem to be more careful about this than any one else), the main problems have been when I'm out and Mum (person I'm takling about) has left him out, she does not do much with the dogs, one of them is hers but I look after it 90% of the time and she often trys to take the easiest option which then often turns out not to be the easiest option.
I also think stuffing every where does not look good.
He has bones and things to chew on but maybe he could do with a few more and when we are around we do stop him and give him something else.
I will try and take in what you've all said and we'll see if we can improve things.

Thanks

Sophie
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2