View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 02:42 PM

Our first proper show (very pic heavy + video)

Well, we had a fantastic day, Jack behaved brilliantly, we are so pleased with him, he really was a little angel, ok so he was disqualified in both rounds for going the wrong way, but when he got going he was great, he thoroughly enjoyed himself and so did we The video is his first round and the pics are from his second round, hope you enjoy sorry there are so many

Video of first round, right click, then click on open link

Waiting to go

At the start

And we're off

These last two pics follow on from each other, just look how far he jumped

Thanks for looking
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-08-2007, 02:58 PM
lovely pics! If it makes you feel any better a tyre as the first obstacle is quite tricky for inexperienced dogs as they can have a tendency to go under it, they just don't seem to see it? He looks like he kept checking with you to see if it was all ok, again totally normal for an inexperienced dog. He has lots of power and potential and once you have gained a bit of ring experience together you will both get more confident and he will go even faster which will bring it's own set of problems for you to deal with of course being a merle means he is superior to all other colour BC's anyway so of course he is perfect...........:smt002

p.s I have a grade 6 dog here that has the same sort of power that yours has, he can take off from miles away and land long, scarey sometimes........... just a thought........
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Great pics, thanks for sharing.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Forgot to mention that is my son, Christopher in the ring with Jack
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 03:31 PM
fantastic pics!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks for sharing - loved it - well done Jack - he does seem to enjoy it all doesn't he!

Wonderful - loved watching him!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Excellent pictures and video, CLMG. Looks like you all had good fun! Having fun is the main thing for both dog and owner.

I did notice, however, they when Christopher and Jack got to the jump that was nearest the video camera (the jump which he back jumped) that Christopher's arm and hand signal was being displayed as if he wanted Jack to jump that way (when he back jumped the jump), so, effectively, Christopher was telling Jack to back jump the jump.....If you get what I mean! Just something I picked up on as hand and arm signals are important, I believe, when doing agility.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
lovely pics! If it makes you feel any better a tyre as the first obstacle is quite tricky for inexperienced dogs as they can have a tendency to go under it, they just don't seem to see it? He looks like he kept checking with you to see if it was all ok, again totally normal for an inexperienced dog. He has lots of power and potential and once you have gained a bit of ring experience together you will both get more confident and he will go even faster which will bring it's own set of problems for you to deal with of course being a merle means he is superior to all other colour BC's anyway so of course he is perfect...........:smt002

p.s I have a grade 6 dog here that has the same sort of power that yours has, he can take off from miles away and land long, scarey sometimes........... just a thought........
Thanks colliemad, I must say I was suprised with the tyre being the first jump, especially as it's grade one, but it's all experiance, and Chris says thank you for the advise on what Jack may be like in the future, (he thinks ) they'll learn together, it was the first time for both of them

Originally Posted by nero View Post
Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Thanks nero

Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
fantastic pics!!
Thank you MistyBlue

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Thanks for sharing - loved it - well done Jack - he does seem to enjoy it all doesn't he!

Wonderful - loved watching him!
Thanks rachelsetters glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Excellent pictures and video, CLMG. Looks like you all had good fun! Having fun is the main thing for both dog and owner.

I did notice, however, they when Christopher and Jack got to the jump that was nearest the video camera (the jump which he back jumped) that Christopher's arm and hand signal was being displayed as if he wanted Jack to jump that way (when he back jumped the jump), so, effectively, Christopher was telling Jack to back jump the jump.....If you get what I mean! Just something I picked up on as hand and arm signals are important, I believe, when doing agility.
Thank you Westie_N, we all had great fun as soon as Jack saw the jumps he started to get exited, pulling and squeeking Chris totally agrees with you about his command with the back jumping, he said that as Jack jumped it backwards he knew he had told him to do that, but he (Chris) was already mentally at the weaves and wasn't really concentrating on that jump, but still a great learning curve for both of them
We've got a club Agility Demo tomorrow
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I really enjoyed both the video and the photos, he looked great to me, but then I know nothing about agility. It looked great fun though and I suspect thats what its all about.

Well done to Jack and Chris
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Brilliant set of pics and vid

Videoing runs are such a great learning opportunity, its the only a way a handler can really see what the dog see`s so they are really useful to show timing and positioning and any tweaks a handler can work on

The cross behind at the far end was lovely, very smooth indeed, it really stood out to me
I think once your lad realises he is a better handler than he thinks he is and gets his confidence and speed up, [ the speed comes with the confidence ], you`ll see some fantastic runs from them

Pet peeve - I hate when the open tunnel is out straight like that, I wish more judges would realise that we are`nt all Linford Christie clones :smt044
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >