View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-01-2005, 09:00 AM
What ever you choose to wear you have to be comfy. Its no good showing your dog and having to worry about falling off your heels.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Very true...no point in having to worry about doing a 'Naomi Cambell'
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Usually wear a trouser suit but it can be cold or it can be warm at Bingley Hall so I will wear layers, of tee shirt, sweaters, body warmer and trousers. The only thing that is certain is if you are in the main hall the floor is concrete so at least you don't need to worry about that. At most shows the rule is clean, tidy and suitable, jeans are fine very short shorts are not, tee shirts, no problem sun tops should be used with care as should short skirts neither garment being suitable for bending over.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 11:12 AM
So Pete there you go be careful of the size of the heels you're wearing and steer clear of the mini skirts...

I had almost forgotten how cold it can be there I think layers for me too
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
So Pete there you go be careful of the size of the heels you're wearing and steer clear of the mini skirts...

I had almost forgotten how cold it can be there I think layers for me too
jayne
Dogsey Senior

18-01-2005, 02:31 PM
i think at a breed show its ok casual...at a general champ show smart is more important as should you get thru to the group...then its a better image to the naieve ppl who think all staffords are vicious and owners are same... it should make no difference how your dressed as its the dog being judged....but in my oppinion it def helps being smart.....if iwere judging i cudnt care what the person was wearing....its dog im judging..also i feel more confident ect wen dressed smarter.... i was at a breed champ show once...got 2nd open bitch... showed in suit.... after i came out ov class i got changed into england footy top n shorts... hot summer day and 4 hour journey home...so was gonna be cool n comfy....the limit winner was tipped for the cc....well wrong....open bitch got cc....who was called back in for rcc... 2nd in open lol....me..do you think i showed bitch as well as did in class....no....why... coz i was aware ov how i was dressed...oh and limit got the rcc....at the end ov the day you wear what you feel comfortable in ...i oftern take notice ov how the person judging norm dresses week in week out .....i have also shown under ajudge at a general champ show who was dressed in clothes id walk my dogs in.....did it make them a bad judge...no....but they were the talk ov the show.......why do you polish your dogs collars and leads......because makes dog look nicer....howmany ppl use cheap tatty collars ect.....not many....we want our dogs to look the part so why shudnt we.......hope this helps pete......
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I was just going to add I always feel more confident dressed in a suit than I do dressed in jeans and jumper. So suit for me.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 04:55 PM
ohhhhhhh dear this thread just reminded me!!

Tams first CACIB show in Feb and I've nothing to wear omg, I don't have any nice shoes either Thinking now (can you hear the gears grinding ), black or dark brown suit (pants of course, skirts make me nervous), proper black shoes, luckily Tam uses a nylon show lead (so no polishing ). But I should dress up as there are judges from the US, and UK coming and I don't want to look frumpy

Oh, quick question to hose of you who show in suits (I've only dressed up, this will be the first in a suit ) what type of material should I buy?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Something that does not either show or attract dog hairs and is as crease proof as possible.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2005, 05:48 PM
nothing in other words I'll make a sensation

ok, like in a synthetic material?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >