Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2010, 09:37 PM

I think she may have figured out how to play

Mocha has always been quite aloof, especially after we got Minx, although she got on fine with Dougal. She was never one for playing much...until lately.

Minx went to visit a friend of mine to assist with a mouse problem and ended up staying there, I wasn't able to give Minx the attention she needed and my friend Donna was completely in love with her. Since then Mocha (who is supposedly my stepdaughters cat and moved here when April moved in), has started to come out of her shell a bit.

Last night it was the beating of the mice under the bedcovers (aka my toes), then she was scratching at the door to remind me that it was time to let her out for a wee...she's taken to supervising me while I do any housework upstairs, tonight she scratched to get back in and when I was going upstairs, she would run down, when I was going down, she'd run up, at first I thought it was just chance until I went back up again and guess what...she shot down and looked at me with those 'play' eyes. Oh and she appears to have discovered the joy of ambushing me from the next level of stairs.

I'm delighted cause she is one of those cats who goes to visit other people and plays the poor starving moggy...as a result she is slightly..well rotund in stature. So play is a good way to get her to lose weight a bit...suspect I shall be finding a dangly toy for her soon...

In all seriousness, I am over the moon cause she was so shy before, and was never the playful sort..
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
My aunt's cats used to be like that, and when Nicki died, Poppy became more drawn in. I'm happy for you that she's started to play more

Did you put a collar on her to stop her being a "six dinner sid"?
One of my neighbours cats disappeared for a bit after she'd let her out and she returned a month later and someone else had put a collar on her. So my neighbour had to buy her one with the name and address and as we figured she was getting fed by them (not very well though) she left a note in the tag barrel saying that she belonged to her, you can see the rescue papers, please dont feed her etc..it was all nice though

Good luck with her playing
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
My aunt's cats used to be like that, and when Nicki died, Poppy became more drawn in. I'm happy for you that she's started to play more

Did you put a collar on her to stop her being a "six dinner sid"?
One of my neighbours cats disappeared for a bit after she'd let her out and she returned a month later and someone else had put a collar on her. So my neighbour had to buy her one with the name and address and as we figured she was getting fed by them (not very well though) she left a note in the tag barrel saying that she belonged to her, you can see the rescue papers, please dont feed her etc..it was all nice though

Good luck with her playing
I have contemplated it, I'm sure I saw collars that actually had 'please don't feed me' printed on it. So contemplating one of them for her. She's such a piggy!

Mind you one of our neighbours is convinced that any cat going near his garden is a stray and really needs to be fed!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I have contemplated it, I'm sure I saw collars that actually had 'please don't feed me' printed on it. So contemplating one of them for her. She's such a piggy!

Mind you one of our neighbours is convinced that any cat going near his garden is a stray and really needs to be fed!
You see my Aunt takes in ferals -being as she has a field behind her home. She cant have them in her house but has given them a shed and her porch (which is like a conservatory only with less windows) her first "feral" was Tinkerbell, she was extremely underwieght and it turned out to be one of her neighbours who didnt like the fact she was being fed by my Aunt.
Then there was Sugar - a nice fluffy white and ginger torti who had kittens in her shed (these were rehomed and she was spayed free of charge by the RSPCA) Sugar now visits every day 3 times a day for a pouch of food and milk.

Then there was Rosie (she turned up in my Aunt's shed with three kittens in tow) These kittens were then rehomed by a local rescue and my Aunt had Rosie spayed and she has been rehomed just last week. Rosie must have been someones pet at one time, she knew how to use the litter tray and was very friendly.

So there are people who think - that poor cat and take them in lol so I would think an elasticated "please dont feed me" one would work
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Oh I understand your Aunt, and I think she's doing a wonderful job.

This fella knows that Mocha has a home but still feeds her, never mind that she's getting overweight! I'm not even sure that he will pay attention, but never mind, I can make Mocha run and play, that will make her lose some weight.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Oh I understand your Aunt, and I think she's doing a wonderful job.

This fella knows that Mocha has a home but still feeds her, never mind that she's getting overweight! I'm not even sure that he will pay attention, but never mind, I can make Mocha run and play, that will make her lose some weight.
Some peopel are just ignorant of health issues :/ Hope you get ehr back into shape soon