Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2006, 07:48 PM

I have seen it all now

Star and Jake have just give my sister “the look” to say we need to go outside, so she opened the door that leads to the kitchen and the door to the garden they trotted through and walk away from the back door and sat down staring up at the treat jar.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 07:49 PM
aww bless them you got two bright babes there
paulabgv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-08-2006, 08:43 PM
They know what they want don't they and they're not soft, clever fur friends
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 09:14 PM
Loki does this - leads me to the fridge
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I spoke to soon, i just seen somthing else that shocked me, Star has just got in Jakes bed for a sleep. He has not done that since he was chased out of it by Jake at 8weeks old
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Started training this week with my Northern Inuit pup. Within 2 days, he learnt sit (which he's done since we got him), down, come and off! He is so quick.

I work at home and have been working long and hard hours for a few days, so not much attention for the dogs.

But my pup keeps coming up to me, sitting straight and alert because he wants a training lesson! Hard to resist, but I'm still in charge of when we do training. But he does get a hug.

We have our 'homework' for the next class. He's already learnt it - even with the distraction of 3 other dogs.

My problem is that (although he knows sit), I don't get the chance to say it much. If I call him, he comes straight up, sits in front of me perfect and looking into my eyes (which is what we were learning). I figure it is a good thing, but am definitely thinking the training is for me and not him.

I had to lure him into the down position around 5 times and now don't need the lure. I don't always give him food, quite often just praise and a cuddle is enough.

I'm amazed seen nothing like it before.
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2006, 12:28 AM
PS: it's clicker training. When first doing the looking at face/eyes I did as the instructor suggested - say anything to keep the attention. We're up to 5 seconds - but I have to confess I couldn't think of anything to say!

I ended up with the 'look into my eyes, my eyes' which is similar to the 'hypnotist' in Little Britain and then count to 5 or 3 or whatever I feel like .