08-04-2013, 02:25 PM

New Warwickshire puppy pilot to cut animal attacks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-22043448

Looks like a good idea
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 03:34 PM
it does, but as always, i think the people most likely to partake in the programme aren't the people who are the problem.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
it does, but as always, i think the people most likely to partake in the programme aren't the people who are the problem.
Sadly you are probably right but... It will hopefully make some people think, whereby before now they have been ignorant to the importance of this if you are local to livestock!
Shriley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Does look promising, heading in the right direction at least.

Though I introduced my old girl to livestock from a young age, she used to roam free on a farm surrounded by animals with no problem up until she was about a year old, then it seemed her prey drive kicked in and she could no longer be trusted, despite my efforts
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Shriley View Post
Does look promising, heading in the right direction at least.

Though I introduced my old girl to livestock from a young age, she used to roam free on a farm surrounded by animals with no problem up until she was about a year old, then it seemed her prey drive kicked in and she could no longer be trusted, despite my efforts
Yes that is a point, but hopefully most dogs meet farm animals through a fence, hopefully getting them used to those animals while they are young will stop the high excitement just enough to stop them jumping fence to get to them? We have walked past sheep and cow fields often with these two, they always have a quizical look through the fence but then walk on without so much as a woof, Samson has a highish prey drive but it seems to only apply to crows and pheasants that he will chase and hunt till the cows come home
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I would have loved to have done this she tonks was little but could not find a farm open to the public that would let me take her in.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a good idea.