Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi It was quoted in the paper,but as I said couldnt find out where this law originated from, I have searched Animal Welfare Act Dangerous Dog ect ect,it may be a local bye-law,the sort if you drop litter you get fined.crystalgirl
I think it must be a myth.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I think it must be a myth.
Hi I have bought a sign,frompets at home,couldnt get my breed,so just a picture of a dog and the caption saying "I Live Here", I just think its better to be safe than sorry,it may well be media hype,crystalgirl
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I just think that because legislation has demonised them that if they were made legal again it would be green gard to start churning out litters and we would end up with the same issue we have with so many staffies in rescue at the moment. A soon as people who wanted them as status dogs realised that pit bulls are just normal dogs too, or they couldnt handle the dog they turned them into, they'd start getting rid too.

The other thing I wonder is, if pit bulls are made legal again would numpties start looking for more 'dangerous' dogs...as in dogs that they perceive to be or look dangerous. It's a tough one....and they should never had brought in BSL.
Most pitbull types in this country ar simply cross breeds bred to look a certain way. They are already filling up rescues but because they would have to be destroyed if they wer called pitbull types they are called Stafford crosses. Nothing would change in that respect. What I believe would change would be their desirability as a status must have by people that have no care for a dog as a pet just a penis extension. This would I believe stop them being bred as a cash crop because as their desirability is reduced then so will the price.
The down side is that The penis extension people would just look for a bigger tougher looking dog. This has been happening for a while already crossing Mastifs with other large muscle dogs and the breeding of American Bull dogs.

BSL does not work because it does not address the problem. The other end of the lead, the owner. Until they do that we will always have dog attacks and a rescue problem
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Most pitbull types in this country ar simply cross breeds bred to look a certain way. They are already filling up rescues but because they would have to be destroyed if they wer called pitbull types they are called Stafford crosses. Nothing would change in that respect. What I believe would change would be their desirability as a status must have by people that have no care for a dog as a pet just a penis extension. This would I believe stop them being bred as a cash crop because as their desirability is reduced then so will the price.
The down side is that The penis extension people would just look for a bigger tougher looking dog. This has been happening for a while already crossing Mastifs with other large muscle dogs and the breeding of American Bull dogs.

BSL does not work because it does not address the problem. The other end of the lead, the owner. Until they do that we will always have dog attacks and a rescue problem
Yep true...and I'm definitely no supporter of BSL, idiotic knee jerk reactionary law.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post

Hi You are right,,there is a new breed waiting in the wings from South Africa, not sure what it is called but it is a mixture of 2 guarding dogs I have heard that a pair has been flown to the UK maybe this is the new cash crop.But it is very secretive,I only heard about it by chance from a lady who did the same thing some years ago brought a pair of Taz's over but that ended in tragedy,as both were shot,because they were found on a farm over 50 miles away from the kennel,she has now gone the other way,after realising that it is not the way to fund her pension.crystalgirl
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3