Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 02:39 PM

Interesting Morning

Oh my, what an interesting morning.

Ivan had a vet appointment to cut his nails back. He has gained another 5 lbs, which is good as he was a little thin. He's now 106 lbs.

On to the interesting morning........well, Ivan did so much better on the floors at the clinic. He walked right in without having to be coaxed onto the floor. Although he was nervous, he still did it on his own. He went on the scale no problem. We walk over to the exam room and the vet comes in. Ivan is doing well, then decides to pee on the floor. Big dog pee is BIG. The vet says it happens all the time and cleans it up. He's about to take Ivan to the back and he pees again. I know he does it out of stress, but it's still a little embarrassing when done in public places. I apologize again and the vet just laughs it off.

I asked the vet to clean up his back end as it was a little dirty and Ivan wouldn't let me go back there. Turns out the poor boys glands were bursting full and a little infected. The vet shaved the area a little to help keep it clean and gave him some antibiotics. Ivan did better this time compared to the last time he got his nails cut. Last time I could hear him growling and giving the staff a hard time. This time it sounded like he was much more tolerant. So at least there's some good to the morning.

So i'm in the reception area with Ivan after everything is done and he starts to spin around and i'm like "dear god he's going to poop!!" so I run with him outside and try to get to the grass but he lets a big, stinky soft serve poop right in the middle of the driveway!! I go back inside to ask for a bag but because it wasn't fully formed, I couldn't get it all and ended up smearing a whole bunch of it. I let the lady at the clinic know and she went out with multiple buckets of water to get Ivan's poop off the driveway.

I'm so embarrassed but so funny at the same time. Ivan sure is not a boring foster, that much I can guarantee you.

He's so lucky I love him so much.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Lol. They love showing us up don't they
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Lol can't help thinking they know what they are doing and deliberatley cause maximum discomfort to us when they have been subjected to the indignities of the vet !
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Paddy is nervous at the vets, once we were paying the lady at reception, I then looked down to give Paddy a stroke and say good boy to notice he had unleashed the biggest pile of poo right their at reception.
I just looked at the lady and couldn't get my words out, they were the same though, said it happened all the time. Asked me to bag it so they could disinfect the reception.
Lovely.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2013, 03:32 PM
On more than one occasion Little One got off the scales in the waiting room before going to see the Vet, and produced a glorious poo. Pereg has never done so at the Vet but when wandering around off lead at the Pension store, going out, coming in to check on me and going out again, she has twice come in and done a poo in the middle of the store.

They really do like to embarrass you at times!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Hi Timber it sounds like Ivan's overall confidence is growing .
I am sure the vet is quite used to 'little gifts'
Chloe did one on the table once when she had her first vaccination
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
Oh my, what an interesting morning.

So i'm in the reception area with Ivan after everything is done and he starts to spin around and i'm like "dear god he's going to poop!!" so I run with him outside and try to get to the grass but he lets a big, stinky soft serve poop right in the middle of the driveway!! I go back inside to ask for a bag but because it wasn't fully formed, I couldn't get it all and ended up smearing a whole bunch of it. I let the lady at the clinic know and she went out with multiple buckets of water to get Ivan's poop off the driveway.
That just made me laugh sorry!
It was just your descriptive way of writing, especially about soft serve poops!!
At least Ivan is gaining more confidence now
I'm sure he'll be less embarrassing next time you take him , or perhaps you'll be the embarrassed one

Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:22 PM
What a vet visit They will certainly remember Ivan visit. Poor lad though was clearly stressed and my last little dog would always have a pee there.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Heheh they do do that, don't they. Wassily once pooped right in the middle of the hall of a busy train station.. And I didn't have poo bags! I had to make him sit next to it and go into the little supermarket there to get a plastic bag.. But I love dogs, I don't ever mind picking up their poops.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm so glad that i'm not the only one with a dog that embarrasses the hell out of you in public

I guess all vets and staff always say the exact same thing..."It's always happens".

I bet they are so annoyed but have to deal with it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >