View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JamieWilson
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2013, 10:08 AM
It annoys me as well, although I must admit on some of the walks around here there are no bins for miles and miles so I tend to bag it up and leave it next to a tree and pick it up when I loop back so I'm not carrying it for hours.

I'd never leave it though, beyond sense.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
For places like that I carry a small back pack sling all my bags (Mollie is a multiple pooper these days) into it, it's plasticy nylon construction so can be washed out regularly too.
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2013, 10:26 AM
These people pick it up due to social pressure as they don't want to be seen to be not picking it up. Unfortunately, when they think nobody is watching they dump the bag anywhere so they don't have to take it home or carry it to the bin.
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
We get that here too? Seems mad to me, even see them frequently hanging on low tree branches? Like I want to walk in to one ew
On one of our frequent routes, I saw that too. There were so many bags hanging off trees along the way, I thought we had a very sick person who was perhaps fed up with finding dog poo. The next day, they had all gone. Same thing a couple of days later. It turned out to be mushroom gatherers, picking on the way to work and collecting on the way home
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
On one of our frequent routes, I saw that too. There were so many bags hanging off trees along the way, I thought we had a very sick person who was perhaps fed up with finding dog poo. The next day, they had all gone. Same thing a couple of days later. It turned out to be mushroom gatherers, picking on the way to work and collecting on the way home
Lol lucky I don't gather them up n bin them then, there would be some pretty miffed mushroomers lol x
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
For places like that I carry a small back pack sling all my bags (Mollie is a multiple pooper these days) into it, it's plasticy nylon construction so can be washed out regularly too.
I once and only once put a poop bag in my back pack because I forgot all about doing so and wondered what the god awful whiff was in my coat cupboard for a week before finding the offending bag
But I guess if you always do it then that would be a good idea, the only place i moan about poo bins is along the river walk, but I guess it isn't easy access for vans to go and empty them in parts, but I have to carry the leads and treats so no big problem for me.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
It's the only thing I use the bag for so hard to forget it's there LOL I did once leave a bag in a pocket of my coat I keep at the caravan though and that wasn't pretty left over the winter when we returned the following spring !
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Whitmoor is pretty bad for it but to be fair, there's a whole load of poo lying around ready to be stepped in, especially at the first bit of grass next to the carpark. A lot of poo bags these days are biodegradeble (ours are) so maybe people think that if it's bagged it won't get stepped in but will still decay? I don't know...
Our two have taken to pooping in the garden more often than not and I even suggested to the OH that we should try and train them to go at home so we don't have to pick up when we're out, we can just do the garden supermarket sweep instead
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I reckon it's one of the professional dog walkers who leaves them all there I used to get this with the mad woman who walked about 12 dogs and she knew we were all on her case cos she wasn't picking up properly, so she'd run around scooping up the poops with her sainsbury's bags, then she'd put them all in one bag, in her bag,. and by the end of the walk, lo and behold they'd all disappeared as they fell out on her way around, sometimes, ALL in one go! Sorted!

I did once pick them all up for her, when she'd left half of them around the car park area, and I plonked them on her seat in her Landrover I was sorely tempted to open them all, but I didn't!

This particular woman did this every single day!!! She wasn't in your area though, she's West Sussex and she's probably still doing it, but thankfully, I've now moved so don't have the stress of her anymore
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2013, 02:18 PM
I agree, why bother to pick up and leave the bag of poo hanging from a tree, or on the ground! I have just returned from a walk and spotted a food/freezer bag, untied...full of dog poo, just lying on the ground....Yuk!! It was on the edge of a local football/playing field. Some people are so disgusting.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >