Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
It amazes me what they can eat without doing too much damage to themselves! My friends greyhound was something else, that dog ate anything, greaseproof paper was her fave (god knows!) and seemed to have a stomach of reinforced steel!
Ew Greaseproof paper!yuck!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I hope he is OK this morning and that you did not wake up to a squit flood. Is he normally raw fed? If not then possibly so much raw all at once could have caused the noxious fumes and then the squits.

Being a bit "iffy" should not cause too many problems - it just sounds like his stomach is not used to raw fish.

Typical pup!
He is fine today. No he's not normally raw fed. He's been fine since last night and TBH it could have been a lot runnier! Too much info, I know!

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Are you sure, would you feed "a bit iffy" food to yourself, then why feed it to your dogs ??

Glad he is feeling better today, whether it was the salmon being off or it was raw, you will never know,
No I wouldn't feed it to myself...which is why I was feeding it to the dogs....once it was cooked. I wouldn't feed it to myself because I'm sure my stomach would react far worse to half the muck they can help themselves to on walks, and therefore the fish too! . Last walk Remus ate cow poo, various bits of wood and then returned from a little jaunt nibbling the bottom half of a rotting deers leg that he'd found!

My friend once cooked a leg of lamb and then didn't feel it smelled quite fresh enough for human consumption. She asked if it wanted it for Tonks and was really relieved when I said yes as she had phoned 5 dogs owners who all turned it down because it wasn't in date! The rest of the fish has now been cooked until its crispy, broken up and is in the freezer for tasty treats for extra fast recall!

Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi He is probably feeling sorry for himself, My holly only yesterday nabbed a smoked mackeral with black pepper,and she was sneezing for quite a while,then went and laid out in the centre of the living room,looking like death warmed up,definately showing how hard done by she is I dont think,but no other signs crystalgirl
Hehe, they are loons aren't they!

Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
If you're lucky the next one might come out ready wrapped lol
Haha...well is was pickupable when I went out today so that's good, and his appetite hasn't been affected at all!
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2013, 01:12 PM
He likes the luxury!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Ew Greaseproof paper!yuck!

He is fine today. No he's not normally raw fed. He's been fine since last night and TBH it could have been a lot runnier! Too much info, I know!

No I wouldn't feed it to myself...which is why I was feeding it to the dogs....once it was cooked. I wouldn't feed it to myself because I'm sure my stomach would react far worse to half the muck they can help themselves to on walks, and therefore the fish too! . Last walk Remus ate cow poo, various bits of wood and then returned from a little jaunt nibbling the bottom half of a rotting deers leg that he'd found!

My friend once cooked a leg of lamb and then didn't feel it smelled quite fresh enough for human consumption. She asked if it wanted it for Tonks and was really relieved when I said yes as she had phoned 5 dogs owners who all turned it down because it wasn't in date! The rest of the fish has now been cooked until its crispy, broken up and is in the freezer for tasty treats for extra fast recall!

Hehe, they are loons aren't they!

Haha...well is was pickupable when I went out today so that's good, and his appetite hasn't been affected at all!
Hi I am glad that he survived,but he may develop a taste for all things fishy,like caviere,smoked salmon etc crystalgirl
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
If you're lucky the next one might come out ready wrapped lol
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Well since then he has eaten a few things including tea bags...which he quite liked and yesterday he turned to look at me with a full ginger beard! We were having our hair cut at home and I had swept my eldest daughters hair into the corner and he had grabbed it all and tried to swallow it! I wish I had my camera because he looked very funny. He didnt take any persuasion to spit it out ...took him a while to get it all out though. Don't think he will develope a taste for hair!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Are you sure, would you feed "a bit iffy" food to yourself, then why feed it to your dogs ??

Glad he is feeling better today, whether it was the salmon being off or it was raw, you will never know,
Maybe because a dog's stomach acid is much stronger than or own.

I feed my dog raw chicken but I wouldn't/couldn't eat it myself! He handles it fine.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
Maybe because a dog's stomach acid is much stronger than or own.

I feed my dog raw chicken but I wouldn't/couldn't eat it myself! He handles it fine.
Good point!

Remus loves horse poo...and I'm sure as hell not going to follow his lead.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2