View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

02-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Oh Nicola you and Roxy have been thru' the mill but your loving care of her and getting her to the vet so quickly has been brilliant.

Roxy's wound is now looking a lot better and once her stitches and staples are removed and fur growing back, she will be back to herself again.

Well done to you Nicola - and to those lovely vets as well.

Hugs to Roxy - and cuddles to Molly.

Take care xx Loki sends doggy licks to both as well xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 08:29 PM
That wound is looking so good.........massive though isn't it

You and the vet have done wonders with Roxy and it's wonderful news that the tumour is a low grade affair.

Huge cuddles for all of you, and fingers crossed that the final bit heals nicely.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Great news that Roxy's tumour was low grade, and good to see that her wound is healing so well. All the best for a trouble free convalescence and a good recovery.
Hugs to Roxy, Molly and of course mum xx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the best wishes for Roxy, everyone.

The Vet School just phoned. Roxy will be getting her staples and stitches out tomorrow afternoon! So pleased.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Well all the staples and stitches are out - all 70 odd of them! After a bit of a performance from Roxy, she was like a bucking bronco!

Took two of us to hold her while Felipe removed them, one holding the back end and me holding the head end. She flew round so quickly at one point that she slightly cut her chin on the blade that removes the stitches, but it's just a tiny scratch and will be fine. Honestly, the drama from her, Molly would've just rolled her eyes at her.

Can start to build up her walks from tomorrow as well, she's desperate to go for a walk and she wants to head down the street when I take her out for the toilet.

As for the black bit, it's still firmly attached, no change. Back on Monday for another check of it but to contact them at any time should I be concerned about it at all.

Molly's turn tomorrow!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Poor Roxy!!! That was a heck of a lot of stitches to take out, and I suppose she was entitled to have a bit of a strop about it. She is going to feel so much better now, and now all that remains is for that black bit to shrink away to nothing.

Good luck for tomorrow Molly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
One more step closer to her being back to normal, I hope that the 'black bit' soon fully heals and then there will be no stopping her.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Another wee update on Roxy's progress....

The black bit was starting to come off a few days ago and was slightly 'leaky' and 'wet' underneath, although there was new skin growth at the edge, I think.

Felipe removed it yesterdayand it was apparently slightly 'fleshy' underneath (my granpa took her to the appointment, I was on my way home from Crufts).

He cleaned it and applied medical grade manuka honey on to the wound and covered it with a dressing.

Got a tube of honey and fresh dressings and to apply and dress daily. Back on Thursday to see Felipe and if all is well she'll be able to see my own vet for wound checks.

Hopefully it will heal without any issues!

I changed the dressing this morning and put fresh honey on it, apparently, according to my granpa, it looks much better than yesterday, so that's good.

Onwards and upwards!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Good to hear its healing well
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I am glad the progress is good. Hope it continues. Sounds like your dog couldn't have better home nursing than she has.
Page 9 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »