Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-04-2012, 02:49 PM

Life as a VR editor...

So today is a very slow day at the grind. I am a VR (voice recognition) editor. For those who don't know what that is it is when a doctor speaks directly into a program on the computer instead of dictating so a transcriptionist types from scratch. I have also done the transcribing from scratch.

Back to today, I have had maybe 7 or 8 reports all day and that is it. I have heard in this industry it is feast or famine and am believing it. I am a subcontractor meaning I am considered self employed so if the work isn't there I don't get paid. The good thing about it is I can take breaks when I want and for the most part take time off when I want. (As long as I'm not abusing it.)

Why do I stay with this job you may ask? Because it helps to pay the bills and I don't have the money to train for something else at the moment.