Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Lion attack caught on camera.

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO.

Unbelievable the conditions this poor animal was kept in, and a Dog walking round its pen too! Feel sorry for the guy, but for ONCE the poor Lion acted NATURALLY and paid the ultimate price of his life, I HATE CIRCUSES.
Dawn.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=333_1177624795
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I don't even feel sorry for the guy being mauled, I hate circuses too and feel its evil to keep an animal in such conditions. i must admit i didn't watch it all as i didn;t want to see the lion come to such an undignified and sad end
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I did feel kind of sorry for the Man but those bars were too far apart they shouldn't be wide enough for a human to be dragged through and that dog wandering in the cage it was a tragedy waiting to happen.
I felt really sorry for the lion they couldn't even shoot it outright without it suffering the caged it was kept was appalings and after all it was only doing what it was designed to do.
A tragedy. If people respected wild animals they would never happen.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 04:03 PM
That lion was clearly very malnourished and it would have been easy to kill quickly and outright instead the poor animal had to be shot several times and they didn't even make sure he was dead.
Have no sympathy for the people involved what so ever, they deserve what they get.
At least now though the lion is at peace. Run Free Little One.
Becky
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 04:22 PM
That is so sad and tragic for the poor lion. I can't begin to think of what an awful life it must have had. I hate circuses. What an awful way for it to go. Male lions do live short violent lifes, but that is nature's way. That poor lion died as far removed from nature as is possible to be. Tragic
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Poor Lion....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I did feel kind of sorry for the Man but those bars were too far apart they shouldn't be wide enough for a human to be dragged through and that dog wandering in the cage it was a tragedy waiting to happen.
The guy wasn't dragged through - he was in there of his own accord!

If you read the comments there is a basic translation of some of the dialogue.

They are too brothers. At the begining, the bro in red say "please, help us... please, he's my brother" then another man say " hit him, hit him in the head... we need a gun too shoot him in the head", then, when the woman come, the men say to her "please miss, don't stay here"... (they kill the lion and save the victim) then when the brother in red want to cry, a policeman say to him "don't cry in front of your brother. He need courage" ... and at the end, the prother in red say to the journalist " I said to my brother, today the lion is nervous, you shouldn't enter the cage but he didn't listen"... And then everybody is happy because the doctor said he's "all right"
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2007, 08:57 PM
how disgusting poor poor lion.

nature red in tooth and claw.

*run free leo*

xx
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2007, 09:18 PM
really wish i hadn't watched that I'm sobbing as I type, they couldn't even kill it properly I was praying for it to pass quickly.Poor poor animal I hate the human race sometimes.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by perrypooh View Post
really wish i hadn't watched that I'm sobbing as I type, they couldn't even kill it properly I was praying for it to pass quickly.Poor poor animal I hate the human race sometimes.
Sorry Perrypooh but right or wrong when there's a human life at stake you just have to do what needs to be done. Unfortunately they weren't set up to deal with that scenario. The dispatch was crappy I admit and could/should have been done better.

Any place that keeps animals like that should have contingency plans (at hand) for such circumstances.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >