View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Thought i may as well share some pics of my marine tank as well They're not the best as most of them are on my other computer

Clowns & Ornate Wrasse

Scooter Blenny

Wrasse again with some corals!

It did look beautiful, loads of brightly coloured corals and crabs and stuff.. Unfortunately i went away for a weekend and when i came home the whole tank had crashed and everything had died
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 11:30 AM
They're beautiful Jessica. Makes my little cold water Biorb look like a puddle
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2007, 11:34 AM
My tank is looking disgracefull comparing to your lot! Just wish id had a larger one now but its all my student loan could afford!

How large does the bristlenose fish grow? And how many do you reckon ill need for my tank? (reminder its 8.5 gallon=38.5 litres approx)
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Ive just been looking up on algae eating fish and have found one called an otto?? These are said to remain small and do a brilliant job of cleaning up the algae. I may take a trip to the fish shop in a bit!
jeaniebeck
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2007, 12:45 PM
just stunning, what more can be said?
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 01:40 PM
ottos are great!! You could probably get about 5 or 6 in your tank. My bristlenose is fully grown and he's about 4 inches long, so you'd only want one of those. Ottos are more active than the bristlenoses so might be a more interesting addition

My tropical tank is only about 20 gallons, and the marine was the same size, just different shape so they're not huge. You cam make even the tiniest tank look pretty (much prettier than mine!!!!) with the right choice of fish and some nice plants, oh, and good lighting!! Try some T5 bulbs - they completely change the look of the tanks
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Nice Tanks Jessica!!! (I like your name too ) LOVE them Plecos I have 6 Plecos myself and multiple tanks. I should post some of my pics
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
ottos are great!! You could probably get about 5 or 6 in your tank. My bristlenose is fully grown and he's about 4 inches long, so you'd only want one of those. Ottos are more active than the bristlenoses so might be a more interesting addition

My tropical tank is only about 20 gallons, and the marine was the same size, just different shape so they're not huge. You cam make even the tiniest tank look pretty (much prettier than mine!!!!) with the right choice of fish and some nice plants, oh, and good lighting!! Try some T5 bulbs - they completely change the look of the tanks
Im just worried that 5-6 may cram the tank as i already have 12 other fish in there, the largest being the plattys?

ONLY 20 gallons!!?? id love a tank that big u lucky devil.
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL! 20G is nothing Ive got 2 1.5G both housing Bettas and a couple tank mates, a 45G with fish based in South America, a 55G with more fish based from SA and this tank in January is moving to 180G and a 65G Saltwater tank that in January is moving to a 92G.
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by AussieGeek View Post
LOL! 20G is nothing Ive got 2 1.5G both housing Bettas and a couple tank mates, a 45G with fish based in South America, a 55G with more fish based from SA and this tank in January is moving to 180G and a 65G Saltwater tank that in January is moving to a 92G.
Now i feel REALLY inadequate! with my measley 8.5g Im gonna have to save up now to get a decent sized one! Been looking at some used ones with cabinets that are 28g. Cant go too big as i have it in my bedroom and the ceiling will fall through
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >