Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 07:09 AM

Tiger Tuesday 5th December 2023

Morning all. Yep it is raining again. Today it is the 5th day of Christmas and a tiger has been delivered. So that makes quite a menagerie so far. Good job I have a very large mansion with enormous grounds to keep them all in. Huh my imagination is amazing. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2023, 09:32 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Raining here too brenda.
I have visions of your lovely mansion and vast grounds housing your menagerie.

I was on Freya duty yesterday. Did I mention Joel is now back living with Mark and Lauren ?
Him and his friend had to give up the rooms they were renting it was becoming too expensive.
Gorden caught up with him last time he sat for Freya and I saw him yesterday when he got home from work.
It was lovely to get a hug from him all 6ft 2 possibly 3 inches tall man with his lovely ways.
Brewster didn't get a walk yesterday as we feel unsafe at the moment taking him on our own.
Been out this morning with the two lead tip brenda told me about we used it Sunday too and it makes life much easier two of us walking him at the moment till he slows down enough to walk safely with one of us.
The world is such an exciting place for him at the moment, but he is now stopping and sniffing which he wasn't doing for the first few times he went out.
We aren't walking him as far as we have been told we can we need to build the right hip up although both need muscle. He doesn't come home limping on that leg if we have him between two of us just stiff so the muscles and everything need work. I wonder if everything in his body is singing and dancing and coming alive after so much time being redundant.
We hope to get at least another short walk in later.
Hopefully it will calm that very naughty behaviour we encounter sometimes.

I hope everyone is well and have a nice Tuesday.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 10:17 AM
Good morning Brendan Lynn

I like your mansion and menagerie Brenda I wonder what will be added tomorrow

You do what you feel is right Lynn slowly does it and hopefully all comes right in th end, How nice for you to catch up with Joel

Not raining here but very damp but have had a nice walk with Teazle. Morning school run done, washing now hanging on radiators and dryer. Back again this afternoon for the girls.

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 10:54 AM
Good mid morning people work complete now off out few things to source and a sort of plan in my head.

Brenda With your mansion it is a shame there is anot a P for peacocks but I supppose they could already be in residence. Maybe you should be Wildebeest Wednesday tokeep the grass down.

Lynnn You will get there you will get there, bet its lovely having Joel back in the fold so to speak, will make for a nice Christmas. Sounds like Brewster is doing well its a learning curve for everyone including Brewster.

Sue
It is not rainging here now either but did notswitch the washing on as I had real doubts about the weather.

Chris Hoep Dave is feeling better and yes totally agree if thathapens again go with the GP or ambulance if he collapses. Hope you have a dryish trip out today.

Griff Suspect your weather is similar to mine dreary really. Have a good day whatever you have planned.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 01:14 PM
Good afternoon all

Solo (well with Ted) down to the village to give Ted a walk more than anything. We've been stuck in for two days and he was climbing the walls. Of course, we got to the village and the heavens opened so it was a wet ride back which hopefully hasn't blown the scooter

Dave is a bit better but still not well enough to go out. The doctor called this morning about his diabetes. We did a diary about four weeks ago recording his levels for a 7 day period. That's what she called about today. She said there is a stomach bug doing the rounds and feels that is what he's got - made worse by this very high glucose levels.

She's putting him on a new diabetes tablet but said not to start them for two weeks to make sure this illness is out of the way first. When he has been on the new drug for two weeks, it's another 7 day diary but also recording his blood pressure morning and night too

This is a new doctor and wow is she thorough
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2023, 01:29 PM
Kazz enjoy your day.
Chris sorry Dave is still unwell.
Sounds like Ted behaved going with you and no Dave on stand by.
Good that you have a thorough Doctor and hopefully Dave will be on the mend very soon.
I thought I read back a few weeks ago that your daughter is still suffering , wishing her well soon also.
It seems like it is all quiet on the Gary front ?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 01:50 PM
Funnily enough Lynn, Ted behaves a lot better when it's just me and him

Karen has fibromyalgia and has just been diagnosed with a problem with her knee that keeps letting her down. 50 years old and things will only get worse unfortunately

Gary is still being Gary and still wanting the impossible
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 03:08 PM
Kazz I have a surprise for tomorrow so you will have to wait and read. Wilderbeest is good though so maybe next week for that animal. Dull and overcast here but they do say maybe sunny tomorrow down here. Hope it will be your way everyone. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2023, 03:42 PM
Brewster behaves better for me Chris all our dogs have and funnily a friend says the same about her dogs and husband.
Very sad and worrying about your daughter and Gary is Gary I guess.

Looking forward to the surprise brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2023, 04:17 PM
Evening all
Another for the dogs behaving better for women here.
Kazz, nothing exciting...blood test for me. Just ordered my consultant a personalised pen for Christmas....cost a fair bit but I owe him my life so....worth every penny
Chris, hope you get Dave sorted, Steve is now pre diabetic.....I have ordered him a recipe book, he moaned that he wasn't going to change anything and I guilted him into rethinking it....I just said it must be nice to just think " I won't bother.....I don't have that option".
Lynn, I use a double ended lead with harnesses with chest and back ring with my dogs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >