Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2007, 01:18 PM

Named Our Conure

We've named him Tito (after a guy who does Ultimate Fighting Competititions - Tito Ortiz). Kind of follows a theme as Marius was named after Worlds Strongest Man!

The name is tongue in cheek as we've been having some beaking problems (instead of teething! ) so weren't totally sure if he was a 'keeper' but he has made a lot of progress in the last couple of days.

He will fly to you when you are in the room, doesn't like being stroked yet but working on it (have PM'd Jackie for help lol ) - He is alreadly copying what we say and we've only had him since last Saturday. Hopefully he will soon trust us to let us stroke him
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

14-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Like the name. He seems to be settling in well. Hope the strokes won't be long in being achieved. How does Marius behave around him?
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2007, 07:54 AM
In typical Marius fashion he tries to lick him when he is near the cage - bless him!

When we talk to Tito he tries to muscle in and get petted at the same time, I guess a bit of jealousy is natural as he has had so long being only pet!

I don't allow him in the room when Tito is out as he gets excited by the flying. I'd rather be safe than sorry as he could so easily hurt Tito by accident.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Awwww bless its only natural he will be jealous.

I'm sure with time he will get over it and you will eventually be able to have him in the room when Tito is out and hopefully they will become best pals.

Good luck with the stroking and with getting Maruis used to him and do keep us posted.