Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 07:36 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 6th December

Good morning everyone,

LG good luck with your hospital visit today, I hope it all goes well.

Mandy, wish your daughter luck on the trains today and also your daughter in the states with an eye to some more puppies.

Lynn, hope Mark goes well with the interview today and he is able to find some local accommodation too.

June, hope the girls were good for you last night and your back is ok today. I am surprised after all you have been through that you are still able to manage them all.

Very foggy out there this morning shall wait for it to lift before taking Amber out.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Good morning Moyra and al who follow

Pleased to see you back in the cyber world Moyra.

Best wishes for your check today Gordon.

All fingers crossed for Mark's interview and hope he can find somewhere decent to rent.

Quite misty this morning but the sun is trying to come through. Nothing planned. Son is thinking of travelling to London this evening silly fool but I doubt if there will be any trains between here and Hastings if he choses to go via London Bridge as I know the way through to Victoria will no doubt be a no go zone as usual. Thinking of your daughter Brenda good luck for her travels.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Foggy here. Just waiting for the school crowd to clear then we will walk.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Morning all, Yep I have emailed Sara at work to see what time she arrives. It could be walked quicker. She was even thinking of driving but the parking is a nightmare where she works and the roads this morning around my way going towards brighton were heaving so it would still take just as long if not longer. Swimming along the channel would be quicker or pony and cart as they take priority I think. Britain is not a place to be at the moment with this problem. Dreadful state to get into. About time somebody did something about it. I sympathise with the drivers and conductors but this is not the way to go about things. Oop soap box moment but then I would have trouble getting to Hyde Park to do that even. Have a good day all things can only get better. Oo a song moment coming on there. So I haven't lost it. Bit grey here but looks like the sun might try to peep through. I am trying to make you all laugh. We can all do with that occasionally. Forgot to say Good Luck today LG. Kazz my daughter has belgian tervurens and a malinois. You can see them here:
http://www.westcroftervuren.com/
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Morning Moyra and those who have posted and those still to follow.
Very foggy here today and a bit on the chilly side.

Thank you for Marks good wishes Gorden remembered yesterday there are two Westfields one in Stratford and one near Wembley shepherds bush way. So guess which one it is yes the one further away even than Stratford.
So I am driving him to Ely and will pick him up this evening. Interview not till 3 but he needs to get the 11.25 train as it takes around 21/2 hours. He will get a coffee while waiting and it will also give him time to find the place.
If he is offered the job he will have to look back Harlow way for a room to rent hopefully not for to long till him and Lauren can rent a flat together.
Not looking forward to the 1/2 journey to Ely in the fog and on out windy roads especially tonight in the dark and it's meant to be foggy again this evening if this clears at all.

LG good luck with the scan hoping it's as good results as the previous one.
Good luck to your daughter and the Malinois situation brenda.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Lynn hope your journey was without problems.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Amother 7 bags of you know what to the dump. I emailed the skyvac people to see when my gutter cleaning machine would arrive and received this back

Quote " They are due into me Wednesday or Thursday now, there was a delay in leaving Italy on Friday, they were picked up this afternoon, as soon as I know firm arrival date I will update you".

What is wrong with this country when we can't even make industrial vacuum cleaners?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Hello all
LG, good luck with your scan
Seems everyone has a bit of a downer on transport and manufacturing at the moment!
Back is still awful, i am dragging myself to the Drs this evening to see the nurse about my medication so will have a word then, my gp is on holiday until 19th
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2016, 12:30 PM
I hope the nurse can do something to help you Griff.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2016, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
What is wrong with this country when we can't even make industrial vacuum cleaners?
Good question.
A lot industries have fallen by the wayside.
I'm sure there are a number of reasons. Too expensive, industrial action to name but a couple of them. Coal mining, steel production, paper making.........

Cars are still manufactured in this country - by Toyata, Nissan, and BMW. The BMW tale is perhaps interesting for some.

The BMW badge is based on an aircraft propeller. They used to make aircraft but were banned from doing so after the end of WWII. So they went into car production based on the British Austin Seven.

Roll time on and we had the British Mini designed by Alec Issigonis. It was badged as the Morris Mini Minor and as the Austin Seven. A British icon of the sixties.

Roll time on again and now we have the current Mini, Made by BMW in Oxford.......
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >