View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks everyone for all the hugs and positive vibes. Much appreciated by both me and Roxy.

I'm so looking forward to seeing her today, but not the state she will be in!

As soon as she's home, she'll be getting plenty of TLC and will be on the mend very soon, I'm sure!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Glad the op went well for Roxy. You must be relieved.

Wishing you luck with the keeping her quiet.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Glad to hear things are looking so good
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Vet has phoned. Getting Roxy home at 2pm today!

Her dressings have been changed and it's looking good, although a bit bruised but that's to be expected, she said.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Great news

Hope her wound is not too bad. I was really upset when I got Star back from her op but these dogs are strong and bounce back quickly.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Roll on 2pm! I'm sure your special girl will be spoilt rotten when she gets home.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Well, my little girl is home and settled! But I feel so sorry for her.

They removed 1.5cm margins from all directions around the tumour of apparently normal tissue as well as two layers of tissue below the tumour.

They have stretched a piece of skin to come round to cover the defect left by the tumour removal and also removed the nearest lymph nodes, as I've previously said.

We've to use a wheat bag or hot water bottle (not roasting, just warm) wrapped in a blanket 3 - 4 times a day for 5 - 10 minutes at a time and put it on her leg to encourage good blood circulation around the wound, particularly the stretched skin as the blood supply may be a bit sluggish to start with until it realises it has been moved to a different area of the body. We have a wheat bag type thing that goes in the microwave, so we've been using that.

She had a pain killing injection at 12pm and has Rimadyl, Tramadol and Synulox to take. Next lot at 8pm tonight in with some lovely, warmed Lily's Kitchen food. She had some boiled turkey when she got home earlier.

She has been out for a pee and is now sleeping again, so at least she's quite settled.

Results from histology next week where we'll find out the tumour grading and also the lymph node results.

She's back at the vet school in two weeks and, if needed, we will discuss the different types of therapies then.

Just toilet outings for the next week and then very short walks on lead in short grass, with absolutely no bouncing about, which may be quite difficult for Roxy, but we will manage. We have to try and keep this wound in order.

We're going to do nightshifts for the next few nights, just in case, as we don't want her getting up to any nonsense, not that she will though but best to be sure.

Here's hoping she heals well and quickly now!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Good to hear Roxy is home Hopefully the tramadol will keep her a bit quieter over the next few days.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Good to hear Roxy is home Hopefully the tramadol will keep her a bit quieter over the next few days.
Thanks Carole. I hope so. I hope she has a settled night.

She has just eaten half a small tray of food with her crushed meds in it and some water, so that's a good sign.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm so pleased to read that Roxy is back home with you

It will be a case of constant supervision for the next few days but I'm sure you'll do whatever needs to be done and after that things should get easier as the wound heals and things return to normal.

You're doing such a grand job Nicola.
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »