View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Tilly's having tests on a lump. (update @ post 41)

Just taken Tilly to the vets for her vacination and asked the vet to check a lump she's had under her front leg for ages. It was about the size of a pea and doesnt seem attached to anything. My old vet just said to keep an eye on it in case it grows. Recently I've noticed it seems to have got a bit bigger. The vet doesnt think its anything bad but suggested she went in to have a fine needle inserted into it to remove and test the fluid just to double check its not anything nasty. So she's going in on friday to be sedated and have the procedure done. Im relieved its not a general anaesthetic but I'll still be a bag of nerves!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Gerri the vet doesn't sound too concerned , it's wise to have a biopsy on the lump just to be on the safe side.

Best wishes to Tilly for Friday, I am sure she will take it all in her stride.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Gerri the vet doesn't sound too concerned , it's wise to have a biopsy on the lump just to be on the safe side.

Best wishes to Tilly for Friday, I am sure she will take it all in her stride.
Thank you. He wasnt really concerned, said there wasnt really a rush to get it done if I didnt want to. He suggested sedation as Tilly is, as he described her ''rather bouncy!!''
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Hope things go well for Tilly and you on Friday
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Good luck Tilly - you have probably only got a fatty lump
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Good luck, she'll be fine. Probably just a cyst/fatty lump, especially in a youngish dog.

One of my dogs had a cyst removed today under GA...she is fine but the incision is massive!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Best to find out what it is, hon.

Will be thinking of you and Tilly on Friday xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Try notto worry and best to get these things checked- Will bethinking of you both on Friday x
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope things go well for Tilly and you on Friday
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Good luck Tilly - you have probably only got a fatty lump
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Good luck, she'll be fine. Probably just a cyst/fatty lump, especially in a youngish dog.

One of my dogs had a cyst removed today under GA...she is fine but the incision is massive!
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Best to find out what it is, hon.

Will be thinking of you and Tilly on Friday xxx
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Try notto worry and best to get these things checked- Will bethinking of you both on Friday x
Thanks guys. The vets not concerned, thinks its probably benign cyst. But I would rather know it was nothing than worry it was something.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Good luck for Friday, I'll have everything crossed for Tilly that it's just a fatty lump. It's a very quick procedure to have that needle aspiration, I had it done a few times on Cassie with her lump, so don't worry about it too much. It only took seconds to do whilst I held my dog, she didn't yelp or anything either, and hers was a big lump by the time we took the last one, but sadly nothing came out of it, and that kind of told us!

If it's any consolation, Georgie has a big lump where you are describing, he's had it for years, and it hasn't grown any bigger than it grew originally, if you see what I mean, it got so big quickly and then just stopped there, so it's probably fat, about the size of a l0p piece (he is rather porky old George!). Will be thinking of you Friday.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »