Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Lump check (Update at post #20)

I took Gels for a check up today, she has one every couple of months ever since the op for wobblers.
Last check I mentioned a new lump (she has a few, all fatty tissue) but it was only small. When I went today I asked for a needle aspiration as it had grown to the size of a squash ball and was more firm than the others.
The vets rang at lunch to say she has to go in and they will remove this lump and send it off to the labs as it has some sort of cell in it, which means it is a tumour but he says it doesn't appear to be an agressive thing. Hopefully when I take her in first thing and they remove it, that will be the last of it.
Please keep your fingers crossed that this is right and it has not spread. I can't bear the thought of it. She has progressed so well and been trying so hard after the operation,starting to want to play out and have fun again.
I am hoping that the fact that she is gaining weight and strength and looking in such good condition coat wise, that this is a good sign.
I'll not sleep tonight.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 03:41 PM
no wonder you are so concerned after just making such good progress after her op.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and her that the vet can take it all out and that once its sent off you find it is not as serious as you fear.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry to hear this Gill, and I'll be thinking of you and Gels tomorrow morning, but I'm sure you caught this one early enough for them to just remove it quite safely. I'll be looking out for an update when you get her back home safely. I know what a worry it must be.xxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Oh Gill, I am so sorry to be reading this. Fingers crossed and lots of vibes from us here that they will remove it and that will be that. Sending you lots of hugs xxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear this Gill. Sending you some virtual hugs for tomorrow and the time it tkaes to get the results back.
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Thinking of you both-hope all goes well and that the results when they come back show all is ok
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you everyone. She went in at 8.40 today. I went over every inch of her last night and found another tiny lump that feels the same, so Raj said he thinks they will remove both and send them off.Just waiting for a call after lunch sometime now.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Sending some virtual hugs for while you wait......
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Aww thanks Rachel, much appreciated.
Am trying to keep busy, even down to doing paperwork!!! In fact I'm off now down the bank and post office.....in the rain lol, but I will be driving
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Finger's crossed for a good result with those lumps and you have Gels back before you know it. I bet you miss her already, so sending some cyberhugs to you Gill.xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >