Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Hello All

Yes Brenda I did mean you yesterday sorry.

Chris so pleased the visit went well, fingers crossed for Tuesday
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Fingers crossed no nightmares brenda.
Hello Kazz.

Well we have two headlight units coming during next week. Cost us £700 one will have what they call ballast I think its an electrical unit (small box) the other won't have so we will need bulbs too.
So all in all possible total of £750 for units and extras then to pay the auto electrician to fit them.
We will be on tenterhooks that they are the right ones and fit and that the passenger side is ok as it had a slight repair.

So the car has cost so far £300 for 3 hours to re-map it and then the £750 for the units and bulbs and then the £140 we paid to the garage for investigation and the £60 today for the electrician who after investigation said it cannot be re-coded for the lights so hence the scramble to get the units.
I need a lie down for a month at least.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 06:05 PM
Lynn I am not keeping up (sorry) is this the car you recently brought to tow the caravan?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Hi Kazz its the Vauxhall Astra we bought this after we had to buy the Volvo back at the end of 2022. We bought the Vauxhall Jan this year. We knew if we were going to have another dog we would need two cars plus if we are sitting Freya and the car breaks down which the Chrysler did in October 2022 we can't get over to look after her. We got the Volvo while the Chrysler went in to have a hole in a hose repaired then just after Christmas the head gasket went.
The car the Vauxhall went into limp mode 1/2 hour after we bought it and we took it back his friend put his domestic code reader on it said it was the solinoid which it wasn't he gave us £100 back which replaced the battery that went dead within days.
The Volvo and the Vauxhall will both tow the caravan.
I won't be surprised if you are still confused.

Very complicated we both have a headache.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 07:29 PM
I am watching Emmerdale. Anyone else? Very emotional.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2023, 07:45 PM
Haven't watched it for years.
My sister used to watch it and when I visited I would watch it with her.
Annie Sugden and all that family and then when I used to watch it in my own home still the Sugdens and cannot remember his name the guy who owned the Woolpack big fella with a bushy beard, so annoying his name is on the tip of my tongue. Amos Brearly just googled it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 09:08 PM
Lol... flipping Amos and Mr wilks lol.
Yeah, poor Paddy, so many people struggle and nobody knows until it's too late, if you met Steve, you wouldn't think there was anything wrong....he is very good at painting a face on, very sad holding a grown man who is sat there sobbing out of despair and not knowing what to do....I just tell him it will be o.k and I won't leave him.
I have booked an eye test, there's nothing wrong with my eyes but I am having headaches and the first thing the Dr asks..... have you had your eyes tested, can't believe the cost! I got a free test voucher online before, it's £25 now, they want an extra £10 for some 3d eyeball mapping thing, gave that a swerve. Once this is done, I can get an appointment with the Dr, I know it's my disease but apparently I know nothing lol.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2023, 10:39 PM
I can usually take or leave Emmerdale, but the Paddy story is being so well acted. It is a very sad storyline and one that I hope helps those in despair to open up because of it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2