Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:01 PM

Looking For New Digital Camera

Hi Everyone, wonder if you can help me please?

Our last camera was a Kodak Easyshare one which produced lovely pics and was simple to operate - then it died a death on us and we need a new one.

Having purchased an Olympus Camedia camera today and fiddled around for the past 2hrs trying and failing to get it to work properly, I'm a bit miffed off as I found out that it wasn't possible to send pics via e-mail or upload them onto the net without paying extra for an upgrade! My hubby took the camera back to the shop and after wrangling managed to get a refund thank heavens.

Can anyone recommend a good digital camera for £130 or less? I want to be able to e-mail and post pics on forums like this straight away (and we want to sell stuff on ebay and post pics on there) - any tips would be appreciated!
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:13 PM
no recommendations but I'm looking at getting a new one too, so look forwards to reading the replys
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I have just bought a new digicam - another Kodak Easyshare, like your "dead" one, but maybe a newer model?

I selected it by using the price comparison site at http://www.pricerunner.co.uk, which listed the Kodak as lowest price £105, on http://www.pixmania.com.

I bought a 256MB SD memory card with it, and the whole lot (ic. 24hr delivery) with case, came to £153.25. The 24 hr delivery was a waste, though, to get to this remote neck of the woods took 5 days!

The Pricerunner site is very useful - I have used it many times before, eg for DVD player and a whole stereo system.

Good luck - and we hope to be seeing your latest efforts soon!

Snorri

PS - the only thing to beware of with Pixmania is that they will add a loyalty card to your basket automatically, and you have to cancel it if you don't want it, it costs £9, and there is a very long customer satisfaction questionnaire when you finish. I think you can avoid it, though.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 03:59 PM
my last digi cam was a kodak easyshare which also broke after a yr.
Its hard to say what cameras are actually good, if i were u i would go to the shop and ask to handle all the cameras so u can see which one u prefer.

The one i have now is a hp photosmart one, cost me £300 odd quid tho and its a bit crap to say the least!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
my last digi cam was a kodak easyshare which also broke after a yr.
Thank God for a 2-year warranty, then

Snorri
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 04:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank God for a 2-year warranty, then
mine only had a one yr warranty! And they quoted me £70 to fix it I still have it if anyone wants to buy it,lmao.

edited to say: i loved my kodak camera, they are really good cams

my dad has a canon digi cam which is really good, and still works
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I've had a few Fuji digital cameras over the years, plus a few others........but always come back to Fuji, the one I have at the moment is a F710 it cost around £300 when I bought it, probably cheaper now though! Always had excellent pictures, no problem with understanding the menus either!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Wish I'd stuck with Fuji....found them excellent.Changed to a Samsung and although theres nothing wrong with it as such it just doesn't perform like the Fuji!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-02-2005, 10:45 PM
I had an Olympus for christmas and I can do the basics with it and must get down to reading the small print the only prob is it is very heavy on batteries, if you go to the Amazon site you can read peoples revues on all the various options
fennash
Dogsey Junior

26-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I have a Fuji Finepix F-401, it's brilliant. Even an idiot like me can work it. Would recommend it to anyone.
Lynn
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >