Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:14 PM

How to train a dog to stop barking?

Since getting Buttons Fudge has been much more heightened to people coming to the door and going past the house.She has successfully taught him to join in which eggs her on.

I have no problems with the barking as I am glad of it when home alone.However I really need to teach them a quiet command which I am failing to do!

Fudge is a very intelligent dog and learned the speak command very quickly but seems resistant to learning the quiet part of it! i have a strong feeling Buttons will follow suit to what Fudge is doing so it is Fudge I initially need to sort out.

Please can someone give me a really clear and broken down way to teach the quiet command?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:35 PM
thanks for that,I can't use the clicker as she is sound phobic but I am certainly going to try the Thank you command to see how we get on....makes sense.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:37 PM
There is the I-click, a retractable ball point pen, a torch, the possibilities are endless; of course you can use your voice it is just that we tend to vary our pitch and tone, which does not happen with an inanimate object.

Good luck
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
There is the I-click, a retractable ball point pen, a torch, the possibilities are endless; of course you can use your voice it is just that we tend to vary our pitch and tone, which does not happen with an inanimate object.

Good luck
have tried all the clicks but may be able to build in voice as she is very responsive to me....thanks again.