View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephi103
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2006, 11:16 AM

Just seen some fleas! (flea treatment from vet or pet store?)

I have just spotted some fleas on Dougal! He was doing just fine up until now!

Do I have to get him down the vets to get some stuff or can I just pop to the pets shop and get something for them?

I HATE them!! Make me all itchy!!!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 11:24 AM
need to go to vets for dog and pet store for stuff for floors, carpets, furniture and bedding. good luck on getting rid of pesky fleas
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2006, 11:43 AM
The shop stuffs rubish isn't worth wasting your money on. I'd go for what the vet recomends, more expensive but I've had no flea problems using prescription flea drops from the vet
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 11:44 AM
agree with what's already been said, go to the vets for stuff! Can also advise on whether or not you need to do carpets etc...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Vets usually prescribe Frontline or Stronghold for fleas. We went to my sisters house last week and was only there for about 15 mins and when Rhianna had had her bath that night her dad noticed a little bite on her back and then next morning she had 9 big red lumps on her back and was scratching them like mad so I had to tell the teacher about them in case she saw them They have nearly gone now thank goodness. I told my sister about it but she just laughed and said oh she must taste nice then. Don't think we shall be popping in her house too often now
Stephi103
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-03-2006, 12:53 PM
See I don't want my son covered in bites! and anybody else that comes over!

Owwwww i just really hate them!!!!!!

I have rung the vets and they have said they will give me the spray becasue he is a golden he will grow quick and it all goes by weight.

So I have to take him in and weigh him and then buy the stuff over the counter there! £28 for a medium bottle!!!!!!!

Lets hope it kills the ******s!!!!