Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 09:46 PM

People who work or live outside.

And when I mean live, I mean those who spend 90% percent of their time outside, not literally homeless. Just to clarify . Do you find yourself more sensitive to the heat? Coz I've worked and spent time outdoors for ages. Every winter I work with animals in one capacity or another, but this year spending up ten to twelve hours working with outside kennels, and two hours out with the dogs (good job I work with some people I really get on with eh lol), I'm finding that I am more sensitive to indoor heat, to the fact that in some people's homes I don't like going in certain rooms where the temp is even higher. And since the end of march, beginning of April I have to have at least one window open in my flat, to keep the temp more to what I'm use to. I'm guessing this is normal, after getting use to certain temps, and then going in others. But thought I'd check , is anyone else the same? Of course though on really cold and damp days, I'm still normal enough to have a hot shower, and hide under a blanket. Although the window is still often open while I'm hiding...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2012, 10:05 PM
I think it more down to individual tolerance than whether you work inside or out.

I can't stand stuffy houses and only like the heating on if its freezing. I have windows and doors open as much as possible.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think it more down to individual tolerance than whether you work inside or out.

I can't stand stuffy houses and only like the heating on if its freezing. I have windows and doors open as much as possible.
Me too, I've never worked outside in my life but my bedroom window is open all year round, the windows and doors are flung open at the first opportunity, my central heating hasn't been on once all winter and I've been sleepiing under a summer weight duvet too. I was always the little kid playing outside in winter with no coat on much to my mums disgust. I think some people just tolerate heat and cold differently. For me no matter how cold it is as long as my fingertips and ears are warm I'm happy.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah when I've been outside all day regularly I'm like arh it's too hot inside and open windows. But when I've been INside a lot I'm like, arh it's too cold outside! I think your blood gets circulating more when you outside or something that makes you warm.