View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Thats awful., poor Leon. I hope his wee nose is better soon.

If its your neighbour perhaps a word in her ear about appropriate dog etiquette might be in order??
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh no. Big hugs all round x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

28-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Comforting cuddles. Hope it does not cause a set back.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Poor Leon, it makes me so angry when dogs are out of control like this and their owners can't be bothered/don't care. I would be fuming too if it were my dogs. Hope Leon recovers quickly from his ordeal.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear this scorpio,
I really hope it hasnt knocked back leons confidence after all your hard work.
He is a beauiful dog and I hope he bounces back from it very soon and is not to affected by this morons dog!
If only I was there I would of kicked the vicous little thing back across the park and aimed it for the owner sitting on her ****!!!
Seriously though, hope your both ok now.
Keep us posted!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Stupid, STUPID owner......

Hugs for you both honey - hope poor Leon is ok.... x0x
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Big hugs from me to both of you and I hope Leon gets over this hun.

Sasha sends loads off licks to you both as well

x x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Oh that is such a shame, I'm so sorry to read this. I take it he's been attacked or made fearful previously and has been improving and gaining confidence?

It's heartbreaking when it happens to a special dog you love too, and I can tell your boy means a huge amount to you.

Wys
x
Thanks Wys...Leon was attacked as a pup and had his tail almost severed off..over the years he started to develop fear agression, never actively looking for trouble but lashing out if he got cornered or felt threatened. Since we have been walking him around here and he has got to know some friendly dogs whose owners have let him approach them on his terms he has become more confident and, in fact, only the other day I was saying that he had become a bit too bouncy and over friendly so I was keeping a tighter rein on him to ensure he didn't become a problem to others. x

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Your poor boy, you had just been saying how well he was doing and now this.

Hopefully this hasn't effected his confidence any.

(((hugs))) to you both xxx
Thanks so much, I'm just very conscious that I feel nervous for him but I shall have to work on that so that he doesn't pick up on it, fingers crossed he will put it behind him but I'm really not too sure.

Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Oh dear I hope this does not casue a set back, just when things seem to be going so well.
big gentle ((((((hugs))))) and a kissy on that sore nose
Elaine xxxx
Thanks Elaine...he loved the kissy and sends you one back xx

Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Oh no poor Leon. Big hugs and Leo licks on the ways to both of you xx
Aww thanks so much xx

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Poor leon, hugs from the gang, hope he's ok on future walks.xxx
Thanks Steph,,I'm hoping that too xxx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Poor Leon and you Sheree, I hope this doesn't set him back.
(((Hugs))) for you both. Xx
Thanks so much Lynn xx

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Poor boy - I hate the fact you can work SO hard on everything and then some ******** who can;t be bothered ruins it.

I hope it does not set you back.
Thanks Tassle..it really annoyed me that the owner didn't come over and check..if she had been closer I would have given her a piece of my mind but I just wanted to get Leon home and assess him properly incase he needed the vet.

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this

Do you know any other Cocker owners (who's dogs have sound temprement with other dogs)? If so, I would say get Leon round them, just so he doesn't get breed "racist".

I hope he springs back from it and all your work hasn't been spoilt.
Thanks JJ, I had cockers before I went into the setters so I know they aren't all like that...we haven't met any others on our walks so am not sure if there are any others around for him to get to know. I hope we bump into his girlfriend Maud who is a basset hound, she is adorable and will hopefully pick him up and prove that most dogs will be friendly towards him.

Originally Posted by Harry21 View Post
Hope your dog will get better ok. Whats going to happen with the owner? Did you speak to her?
Thanks Harry, he seems ok this morning so I'm hoping he will come through it ok. The owner was across the other side of the park and she didn't attempt to come over to me, had she been closer I would have said something but I wanted to get Leon home. I don't know that I will say anything to my neighbour unless she mentions it to me, but if I see the other woman around again then I shall certainly not mince my words.

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Thats awful., poor Leon. I hope his wee nose is better soon.

If its your neighbour perhaps a word in her ear about appropriate dog etiquette might be in order??
Thanks Dani, I phoned Clive when I got home and told him, he saw the neighbour when he got home and she had the dog with her but she ignored him, something that never usually happens as she usually gushes all over him if I'm not around She has actually got the dog staying with her at the moment as it woke Clive up last night at 10.30 when it went out into the garden barking and, although we were already up, it went out and barked its head off at 6 this morning. I daren't say anything to her as I think I will lose it, I'm very calm unless something has happened to my dogs. She was quick to post a note through our door to say that Leon was barking but not so quick to check that he's ok! xx

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oh no. Big hugs all round x
Thanks Ailsa x

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Comforting cuddles. Hope it does not cause a set back.
Thanks Eunice, I've got my fingers crossed and I'm going to work extra hard on getting him mixing with the nice dogs as soon as possible, xx

Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
Poor Leon, it makes me so angry when dogs are out of control like this and their owners can't be bothered/don't care. I would be fuming too if it were my dogs. Hope Leon recovers quickly from his ordeal.
Thanks so much xx

Originally Posted by hades View Post
Sorry to hear this scorpio,
I really hope it hasnt knocked back leons confidence after all your hard work.
He is a beauiful dog and I hope he bounces back from it very soon and is not to affected by this morons dog!
If only I was there I would of kicked the vicous little thing back across the park and aimed it for the owner sitting on her ****!!!
Seriously though, hope your both ok now.
Keep us posted!
Thanks very much..I wasn't angry at the dog really, just its stupid owner for not controlling it. I sent the kiddies packing as it would have been awful if a little toddler had got bitten during the attack, especially if the finger had been pointed at my boy and I lost him over it...all sorts of things were going through my mind at the time. He seems fine this morning, his nose has scabbed over already and the puncture wounds look ok, I've bathed him again with salt water just to be on the safe side but shall leave the wounds alone now and just keep an eye on them.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Stupid, STUPID owner......

Hugs for you both honey - hope poor Leon is ok.... x0x
Thanks Vicki xx

Originally Posted by Penry View Post
Big hugs from me to both of you and I hope Leon gets over this hun.

Sasha sends loads off licks to you both as well

x x
Thanks so much, Leon loved his kisses from Sasha and sends some back xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Poor Leon *hugs* Glad to hear that he's healing up nicely. Fingers crossed there's no mental scar for the boy. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Poor Leon *hugs* Glad to hear that he's healing up nicely. Fingers crossed there's no mental scar for the boy. xx
Thanks Pat..that is my biggest fear, that he will go back to how he was..scared of anything that approached him, it has been so lovely seeing his character that we see at home coming out when he is enjoying his walks. xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >