Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 05:35 PM

my cat has to stay in the vets

my poor cat has had to stay at the vets he began treatment for lungworm on saturday and he started with sickness and diahorrea on sunday rang the vet first thing and although he should have been in theatre waited for my boy to arrive he has been there all day and is on a drip and has had an anti sickness jab,he hasn't been sick since but still has diahorrea so he will be staying overnight i am missing him like mad and the dogs are looking everywhere for him hopefully he will be a little better tomorrow and i can bring him home i know they will take very good care of him and he is currently being fed tuna if you can spare some good thoughts for him i would be very grateful this is the 3 legged monster
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Poor Puss, I had one of mine at the vet today too, but we were lucky and got him home.

Healing thoughts

Take care
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Sending get wishes to your cat, hope he is home soon. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Poor little chap, I'm thinking of him and sending healing thoughts. I hope you get him back home very soon. x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
thankyou
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:01 PM
well dex is still in the vets, he hasn't eaten since sunday he is nicely rehydrated now and happy to be fussed, i visited him yesterday and we had about 30 mins together today he is having an xray to check his tummy hope they find nothing bad, the vet expected him to have eaten by now as he has had appetite stimulants i have to ring about 3pm and hopefully they will have some news for me
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Hope the little chap improves.
Totally know how you feel. My little miracle boy stayed in the vets for 10 days after being hit by a car and smashing his pelvis away from his spine. (he spent 3 months in a cage in total)
Know this sounds silly but have you tried to feed him yourself or is it just the nurses trying. I only ask as my boy would only take food from me hand feeding him at the vets, so I went every morning, lunchtime and evening (more for my sanity than the cats) and fed him. Don't know what your cat can eat but I tempted mine with best sliced ham, then a couple of days later he ate some normal food.
Hope the little fella is home soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Hoping he is home with you soon.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
thanks i have tried feeding him but he is not interested he usually gets dried biscuits but the vet tried feeding him tuna and the little s*d turned his nose up at it i took him some chicken yesterday but again he wasn't bothered if he has to stay in again tonight i will ask if i can go down and i will take him his own bowl to see if that helps i will also take him some salmon this time and some ham too it is very unusual for him to reject food as he goes off into peoples houses robbing their cats food
dexter broke his pelvis by getting ran over about 7 years ago now, he had his back leg amputated and the vet said he would be a house cat, he still laughs about it now as the cat is so agile he climbs trees and gets stuck and goes over fences as if they are not there
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Oh dear griff, I really hope he is ok
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >