View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 09:39 AM
I didn't know this happened, but nothing surprises me anymore. Don't know alot about the amish, but in the back of my mind there is the question about why they are stuck in the old ways. If you think back we used animals, dogs and horses to do our bidding, they weren't pets. They don't have enough resources to keep pets unless those animals have a purpose...
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 09:51 AM
oh my gawd i just spotted a husky....
http://www.awawatchdog.com/0205/000_0017s.jpg

how can anyone deprive a dog....to be able to stretch it's legs, not lie in it's own filth...
this has made me really ill
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
I thought Amish people were gentle and kind, lived off the land and cared for all living things. How wrong I was! Absolutley disgraceful.
Same here. Horrible
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
They are dogs without souls, no life left inside them! How shocking and terrible, i feel very very sad that all dogs have had to and are living through that
BUt i guess nothing will be done about it...
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
i got really upset this morning about that, have been thinking about it all day.

That movie 'children of men' has a good idea. I know it's not a clever thing to say about your own species, but i think the world would do just fine without us.

What really got to me was that some of the dogs on the videos where STILL wagging. After all that they had been through, they still have hope, they still have a little hope someone will help them.... gawd it's awful
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4