Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 10:52 PM

Your dogs name...

Why did you pick it? And what does it mean to you?

Nigredo is my black lab x puppy... since "Nigredo" (nih-gray-doh or knee-gray-doh) means "blackness" in Latin, pretty clear why he has the name.

Jade... I didn't choose that name so IDK but it suits her.

Brownie was picked by me... because the dog was brownish - and I was 8 at the time.

Then I had Shelly, a Rottie poisoned by a phobic neighbor.. who always drank too much and reminded me of the never ending water at the ocean, and seashells, thus Shelly.

I had a few fosters who got names at whim or no names at all and Blackie, a black lab (didn't name her) as well as Chip, a black chow (didn't name him)
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2013, 11:19 PM
Me and my daughter couldn't decide what name we liked, either Rosie, daisy or Lilly before we got her then I went to see her and automatically chose Rosie cos it just suited her
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-12-2013, 11:56 PM
My first dog that I grew up with was a collie X and his mum was a working dog who slipped of and had her first puppy in montecute house, we had that pup so he was monty,

Then we got marley and cheech, well as soon as I heard . Was aloud a new pup I said it would be called marley,
When we decided his brother was comin. Home as well we all put a name in a hat and cheech was picked, bout nobody will own up to the name
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2013, 08:14 AM
When we saw photos of Marco before we got him he had big dark hair and knowing that his breed is known for their liveliness and being full of spirit he just reminded us of Marco Simoncelli the MotoGP rider who sadly lost his life during a race. Marco was a mad crazy young lad with the biggest head of hair that used to spring to life when he took his helmet off so we chose the name before actually meeting the dog and when we met our Marco we knew we'd made the perfect choice
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Fern , my poodle is silver and since my son lives in NZ she is called Silver Fern , the emblem of NZ .

Evie , we were getting her in January and were trying to choose a name we just happened to pick it on Christmas eve .

Lottie , so called because she has lots of spots .

Mabel , the name means loveable and she is !
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 12:44 PM
before I had Conan, named after his dad, Xena as she was a warrior, Leiah, white and came from the princess.. trix as she was full of them.. now: Zula, as she is almost black and it's the female version of Zulu, the warrior, Caesar because it's a big boys name, lol.. Amber as she was white and big golden eyes.. remember these are giant breeds so fifi won't really go, lol.. then I have also had: Ingo, new foundlander ), rocco ( black lab ), jack ( russell ), zenta ( boxer ), lesta ( leonberger and had to start with "le" ), alba, again white but already had that name when we got her ).. digging deep here, oh, another cezar years ago who was a st bernard..
roar349
New Member!
Male 

27-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Ripple - Chocolate Lab, explains the name (Galaxy...)
s7eph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Blue the Huskey (now sadly dead) because he had blue eyes
now i have Fred, had to have pedigre initial which was F so Fearless Fred the farting frenchie
and Shrek mini pin because he thinks he is a big ogre
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Ripley because I love the Alien film franchise and Ellen Ripley is one of the coolest female characters going!

Rory short for Rorschach. Wanted another 'R' name to match Ripley, so picked the Watchmen character to fit my geeky theme. It also just so happens that he has black splodges on him, like the Rorschach inkblot tests!

Frodo.... well, his breeder called him Alexander the Great, so he was going to be Xander, but I didn't think it suited him. Nor did Henry or Milo or Hamish. Well I adore Lord of the Rings, so I thought Frodo. Nobody else liked it which meant of course I had to chose that one
caz123456
New Member!
Female 

29-12-2013, 03:07 PM
My children chose our pups name - Roxie. They chose it because it is a currency on their Moshi Monster game they play lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >